IGNORED

Ripping Blu-ray audio for streaming from NAS (DLNA) to OPPO player

Hello everyone.

I just joined this forum.

I spent a fair bit of time researching how to do my latest project, but have had no luck so far. Hopefully someone can point me to a thread or help me out.

About 6 months ago, I started to purchase blu-ray version of the movies I really enjoy that I had on regular DVD and have been ripping them and placing the MKV file on my QNAP NAS and using my OPPO BDP-103 to play the movies and it has worked out great. Just solved an issue with forced english subtitles not working.

My new project is I am now starting to purchase Blu-ray pure audio music discs and want to trip them as well to place on the NAS. I have been able to rip them using MAKEMKV and handbrake, but it produces MKV which is a video file and does not show up in the music folder when I navigate to the NAS, but does when looking for video files.

So my question is, what do I need to do produce a MKV or other audio file that supports the DTS or other mutli-channel audio so that it will stream from my NAS to the OPPO and I hear the audio in 5.1 DTS or other multi-channel audio (DLNA setup).

Have come across plenty of help on ripping the audio to use with media centre software, but I that is not the way I want to do this.

Many thanks.

Andrew

I think DVD Audio Extractor should help you extract the audio to FLAC or similar.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 4 months later...
ByteCopy is what I use to extract the audio tracks, or you can try lossless MKV mode.

Gentlemen, I ran into the similar issue by purchasing new PF album "The Endless River". The box sets come with a CD and the BR version and only in the BR version, you can find the three types of Hi Res Tracks, that they have embedded. I will take your solutions of looking at this two softwares - DVD Extractor and ByteCopy

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

Hi, I have PF "The Endless River" as well as Supertramp "Breakfast in America" on BluRay. Successfully ripped both using Passkey and DVD Audio Extractor to FLAC. The problem is that the FLAC is compressed. There is no option not to compress. Was anybody able to rip with DVD Audio Extractor in uncompressed FLAC? Another issue, I have some DTS audio discs. Does any have any success ripping DTS discs?