IGNORED

Competition for the PS Audio PerfectWave Dac II?

Since it's now discontinued, used PWD II's w/o Bridge are currently going for ~$1500. I've got one and am mighty impressed. Before I take the plunge on another, either for my computer system (USB) or 2.0 HDTV system (Toslink and volume remote needed), I'm wondering what the competition is at that price or less. Open to suggestions... Thanks,

Highstream,

I was going to post a thread along these lines, so I hope you don't mind me getting in here vs starting a parallel thread.

How about the Lynx Hilo? It's a bit more expensive, at $2k new, but some classify it as one of the best DACs out there now. I haven't heard it, but been looking into these DACs and a guy recommended the Hilo which he had owned, had owned the PWDII before it, and currently owns an exaSound.

Since it's now discontinued, used PWD II's w/o Bridge are currently going for ~$1500. I've got one and am mighty impressed. Before I take the plunge on another, either for my computer system (USB) or 2.0 HDTV system (Toslink and volume remote needed), I'm wondering what the competition is at that price or less. Open to suggestions... Thanks,

nadm51r NAD Masters Series M51 Refurbished - DACS and Transports