IGNORED

HDPLEX Linear Power Supply

Just like many of you, I have also been looking at an affordable linear power supply that would meet my needs. I stumbled upon this newly available PSU from HDPLEX: HDPLEX Fanless Linear Power Supply for PC Audio and CE device

It can be used to power two devices simultaneously, my main audio player (19V) and NAS (12V), and is affordable as well. Because I live in Europe, I saw that they also send from Germany, which saves me on import duty and taxes. Combined with a favorable USD to EUR rate, I decided to order one. This week the PSU arrived and I put it to the test. I have listened to it for a couple of hours now, but the improvements where spotted easily. Because I already use a separate power supply on my USB-S/PDIF converter, I did not expect the effects to be big, but it turned out to be a very welcome addition to my setup. As noticed in other threads, I found that the linear PSU improved the sound on imaging, transients, detail and bass. Especially on live recordings, there is a huge improvement in detail and realism. Overall I am very pleased. If you live in Europe like me, this PSU might be a good option to consider.

IMG_0896.JPG

Did you use the matching 250w dc-atx converter or is your motherboard direct dc input without an atx socket?

If anyone is thinking of getting the dc-atx converters it is being amended as certain boards won't power up and there is an amendment to the 5v sb. The amended ones will be shipping from Germany at the end of this month when I enquired with Larry of HDPlex.

I have two of these. One powering my Streacom FC5 with an HDPlex 250w DC-ATX converter and another powering a small HDPlex H1S case with a regular Pico PS in it. Both cases use an ASROCK H87M-ITX.

It comes stock with one 19v@3A output and one 12v@3A output. They may make 5V an option in the next batch.

Very good build quality. HDPlex also has a very prompt response to email questions.

These power supplies made a big difference especially with my HS1 which was using a very noisy SMPS brick. Lots more detail and less fatigue due to a much lower noise floor.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

I have two of these. One powering my Streacom FC5 with an HDPlex 250w DC-ATX converter and another powering a small HDPlex H1S case with a regular Pico PS in it. Both cases use an ASROCK H87M-ITX.

It comes stock with one 19v@3A output and one 12v@3A output. They may make 5V an option in the next batch.

Very good build quality. HDPlex also has a very prompt response to email questions.

These power supplies made a big difference especially with my HS1 which was using a very noisy SMPS brick. Lots more detail and less fatigue due to a much lower noise floor.

Anyone did any measurements on the DC-ATX 250W or on the ripple of the PSU? Thanks!

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

• 2 weeks later...

May I ask what integrated amp that is?

One more picture of my current setup. The PSU is in the cabinet, next to the NAS. I normally have a panel in front of it to tidy up a bit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13689[/ATTACH]

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

just a 3 questions to the owners of HDplex Linear PS,

- is there any hum or noise when you put you ears near the box ?

- is this Linear PS the REGULATED one ?

- How is this one in comparison to KECES DC-116 ?

Thank you in advance

CD40s (3DLab) - EDEL NMR (Engineered) -or- DAPHILE (Q1900itx (Asrock) + LPS 100W (HDPLEX) + tX-USBexp (SOtM) - HYDRA-Z (Audiobyte) + LPS-1 (UpTone) - BLACK DRAGON (Audiobyte) - 2 x Ncore NC400 (Hypex) - M4 (P. E. Léon) - Cables: (Mapleshade, Audioprana, Nordost, Referenz1017, Pangea, Zavfino, Elecaudio, Tomanek) + FMC (TPlink) & NAS (OMV)

Hi,

just a 3 questions to the owners of HDplex Linear PS,

- is there any hum or noise when you put you ears near the box ?

- is this Linear PS the REGULATED one ?

- How is this one in comparison to KECES DC-116 ?

Thank you in advance

Early Keces DC-116's apparently had noticeable hum, which was an issue in 50hz locations. This was dealt with by Keces and I got one of the redesigned units direct. Hum is detectible within 1ft., but not at all in the listening position 8 ft away. They supply them in a range of dual voltage options. I posted my experience with it here http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/keces-dc-116-linear-power-supply-unit-quick-review-17623/index5.html post#111

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

I recently purchased a Hdplex power supply to go with my Linear power supply, could not be happier.

TeraDak Custom Linear/Regulated PS

ps_zpsade57f67.jpg

Hdplex computer power supply

modularATXoutput_zpsd2fdfffd.jpg

ASUS Mini-ITX w/intel i7 + 16G Ram [fan replaced]

IMG_20140305_145046_zps267f1570.jpg

Audiogd Digital Interface USB/SPDIF w/separate power supply

DI-V3_zps80ea5e0f.jpg

2014-08-25215953_zpsa9b477c3.jpg

• 5 months later...

I was not able to do a AB comparison of the HD Plex 250 W power supply and 12/19 volt LPS as there were other changes going on, but let me make the following points

- the build quality of both the LPS and DC to DC regulator distributor is absolutely top notch

- the LPS is almost totally silent. You have to press your ear hard against the case to hear any hum / buzz

- the LPS and DC/DC come with lots or cables which makes the install pretty much plug and play

- the speed of the customer service is real time, I was having trouble with another brand of DC/DC converter

I have the HD Plex combo powering the PC below and the sonic performance is incredible in a similar system as the one in my sig, but with KEF Blade speakers

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]

Hi all,

is there anyone that has tested a simple (or LiFE Po4) battery instead of linear power supply ? Any Difference ?

Thank you.

intel DG31PR - Windows 7 - Straightwire USB - Berkeley USB interface - Straightwire digital - Mytek 8x192 dac - ASI liveline interconnect - Bryston 4BSST2 - ASI liveline speaker cable - USHER Be 718 - Foobar 2000 WASAPI player

Hi all,

just wanted to inform you that Larry is running a promotion this week for the LPSU which will be delivered end of March. More details can be found here.

Have a nice day, Tom

I have ordered one from the new batch and Larry said that it will mid March or so for delivery. My goal is to power a SSD and an USB card. I am not sure how to do that and waiting for the unit to come and see how do I make that happen.

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

+1

I have a HDPlex case and the 250W power supply and have had a few questions and even lost a few pieces. Larry has been great and has always replied ASAP, the way customer service should be.

+1

I try not to make "me too" posts :-)

....but Larry is the best! He usually responds to emails in minutes. When I had an issue with my server due to my own stupidity he sent me a spare PS just to help me troubleshoot. I own two of his LPS's and two internal converters.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System