IGNORED

J Remote won't display Genres

Afveep

I'm running JRiver for Mac as a DLNA server and using J Remote. Works pretty perfectly but J Remote will not display any Genres. I get the message "No content found in current view. Pease try another selection" . I can look at the Album and Artsit views fine. All my tags are fine and I can see and search by Genre in J R itself. Any ideas?

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

I'm running JRiver for Mac as a DLNA server and using J Remote. Works pretty perfectly but J Remote will not display any Genres. I get the message "No content found in current view. Pease try another selection" . I can look at the Album and Artsit views fine. All my tags are fine and I can see and search by Genre in J R itself. Any ideas?

Hello afveep in the jriver program under the playing now is the word "audio" displayed?

Hello afveep in the jriver program under the playing now is the word "audio" displayed?

Yes- in J River "Audio" is the next entry below Playing Now. I can expand Audio and see Albums, Artist, Files, etc.- including Genre. If I expand Genre, all are there and it works perfectly. In J Remote, I can see Audio, Artist, Album, Recent, Genre, Composer, etc. down the left side. Artist, Album work perfectly, but "Genre" gives me the error message.

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

Yes- in J River "Audio" is the next entry below Playing Now. I can expand Audio and see Albums, Artist, Files, etc.- including Genre. If I expand Genre, all are there and it works perfectly. In J Remote, I can see Audio, Artist, Album, Recent, Genre, Composer, etc. down the left side. Artist, Album work perfectly, but "Genre" gives me the error message.

Hello afveep In your customize view page which shows all of your jremote categories when you select genres what does your show categories in this order display?

Hi j dub,

Thanks for helping. I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you referring to a "customize view" page on J Remote? If so, I don't know what that is, nor can I find it. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing.

Thanks.

Tom

IMG_0009.PNG

Hi j dub,

Thanks for helping. I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you referring to a "customize view" page on J Remote? If so, I don't know what that is, nor can I find it. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm seeing.

Thanks.

Tom

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13680[/ATTACH]

No its the customize views for Gizmo& WebGizmo in jriver.

He's talking about here:

jremote genre view.jpg

I go in some detail about this (importing custom views into JRemote) on my screencast videos. So what we would like to see is what your genre view description looks like.

Hi Ted,

Thanks for jumping in. Here's how I'm set- I think it looks right.

Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 8.52.55 AM.png

Skeptic- generally I close the app on my iPad when done. However, I have done a remove and reconnect at least twice with no change.

Thanks for the help guys. I've also posted on the JR Forum-No response yet.

Tom

I am turning my attention to the DLNA aspect of this. I went and fired up the Auralic Aries and JRIver DLNA server, then controlled it via Jremote. The Genre view was well populated, but it got me thinking:

1) click on the custom views entry in the "add or configure DLNA server" JRIver DLNA setup screen and make sure Genre is there, and correct

2) that maybe the renderer (Rendu) has a setting that excludes/includes some fields or views?

Hi Ted,

1) Looks OK?>>

Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 11.20.50 AM.png

2)- I don't think so but I'll check in with Jesus.

Tom

All my tags are fine and I can see and search by Genre in J R itself. Any ideas?
Do you mean by this that you can search and push files to the Rendu renderer via Genre, from JRMC on the computer itself - ie all's well if you don't use JRemote?

If so, then the issue is most likely due to a problem between JRemote and JRMC, rather than a problem between JRMC's built-in UPnP/DLNA control point and the Rendu UPnP/DLNA renderer. It's JRMC's control point that controls the renderer, not JRemote.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Do you mean by this that you can search and push files to the Rendu renderer via Genre, from JRMC on the computer itself - ie all's well if you don't use JRemote?

If so, then the issue is most likely due to a problem between JRemote and JRMC, rather than a problem between JRMC's built-in UPnP/DLNA control point and the Rendu UPnP/DLNA renderer. It's JRMC's control point that controls the renderer, not JRemote.

Yes- I can view, search and play via Genre on J River. I just cannot see anything when I select Genre on J Remote.

Ok, so it can't be due to UPnP/DLNA settings on the renderer then, since JRMC's control point is able to control it without the problem.

It might have nothing to do with you using a UPnP/DLNA renderer. For example, have you tried the genre search using JRemote with JRMC configured for playback on the computer itself?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

UPDATE- Just did an screen share session with Jesus (Sonore Rendu)- we're baffled. Everything appears to be working fine except this Genre on J Remote. The Rendu cannot affect it. We were able to view Genres via a web based Gizmo view on my iPad perfectly out of J River. Also tried a second iPad with its own new instance of J Remote and have the identical issue.

Like I said, it might have nothing to do with using JRiver with a UPnP/DLNA renderer, so at least establish that first, eg by seeing if you are able to do Genre searches via JRemote with JRMC doing the playback itself (ie not the renderer).

If that works, then try using a different UPnP/DLNA renderer to the Rendu - if you don't have another dedicated box (eg's UPnP/DLNA supporting BD player or TV) then try a software one, eg's the free version of the BubbleUPnP app for Android or the free Foobar2000 player plus foo_UPnP plugin component for Windows.

-- Jo Cox

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem, but with a DSD view. It displays nothing in JRemote, but is fully populated in JRiver. I did an identical view of PCM only files and that shows up correctly. My rule for that view is simply file type .dsf and for PCM file type is aiff, aif, wav,

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Synology NAS -> Quadcore i7, 3.8GHz -> RoonServer -> HQPlayer (all up sampled to DSD128) -> Sonore urendu (Uptone JS2 PS) -> Lampizator Golden Gate DAC -> Valvet A4 Monoblocks -> Zu Audio Definitions Mk4