IGNORED

Article: Peachtree Audio Launches Deepblue2 Bluetooth Speaker On Indiegogo

I purchased the original Deepblue from Amazon based on Computer Audiophile's rave review last year. I might have kept it, but the bluetooth playback was sketchy; it intermittently dropped the stream. But before returning the Deepblue, I purchased Cambridge Audio's Minx 200. Again from Amazon. Love their customer service! I compared them side by side and the Minx 200 won hands down based only on the audio quality, from either bluetooth or Airplay streaming (which the Deepblue doesn't have). The reliable streaming and Airplay connectivity were definitely pluses. It would be interesting to see a comparison review of the Deepblue 2.0 and the Minx 200 by Computer Audiophile.

-square

It would be interesting to see a comparison review of the Deepblue 2.0 and the Minx 200 by Computer Audiophile.

Absolutely agree. Just as a review of a PONO device would be handy before committing dollars to it. Interesting times with the public being asked to trust a company to produce something worth their money. In essence being asked to be investor, beta tester, and consumer for a product that is not even being produced yet.

David

Link doesn't work.

The campaign goes live this upcoming Monday 7/21/14 at 12PM EST. igg.me/at/deepblue2

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I like stereo. I like it enough that this type of product really does not interest me. Now on the back porch or in the back yard I will listen to a boombox, but those are cheap and this, though infinitely better, is just not my cup of tea. I hope they sell a lot though as the company makes good products.

Trey

I like stereo. I like it enough that this type of product really does not interest me. Now on the back porch or in the back yard I will listen to a boombox, but those are cheap and this, though infinitely better, is just not my cup of tea. I hope they sell a lot though as the company makes good products.

Trey

Deepblue2 is stereo for the most part. The bass is mono'd just like most well designed units of similar ilk.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

My trust in Peachtree's desire to do things right made this an easy choice for me. I have a Sonos Play:5 in my kitchen, which is the only product I've used that comes close to what the DeepBlue2 is aiming for. And it's $400. I'm betting that the Peachtree will sound better, so I ordered one. I won't be the least bit surprised if I end up regretting that I didn't order more. I have 3 teenagers who will probably end up fighting over this thing!

It would be interesting to hear what led to the disappearance of the first version. I watched the video and there was nothing said about it, only sales fluff.

I had given strong consideration to getting the first version after the positive review here, but later when I looked at the Peachtree site, it was no longer available. Enquiring minds.....

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

In the video on the indiegogo page, the person in the video states that this is a "wireless, full-range speaker"

I contend that it is neither wireless nor full-range.

This speaker requires a wire for power.

A full-range speaker must go 20Hz-20KHz -3db. They don't even publish their frequency range nor their distortion numbers.

In the video on the indiegogo page, the person in the video states that this is a "wireless, full-range speaker"

I contend that it is neither wireless nor full-range.

This speaker requires a wire for power.

A full-range speaker must go 20Hz-20KHz -3db. They don't even publish their frequency range nor their distortion numbers.

What's next, cats and dogs living together?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 months later...

Considering all the comments about crowd-funding and LH Labs... Are there any updates on the deepBlue2?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 1 month later...

I signed up for a pair of deepblue2 systems from the Indiegogo crowd-funding project to build a portable system. I received the systems in early January. I have a 3.5mm cable that splits to two RCA connectors at the end, then individual interconnects go to each speaker, with a mono RCA to stereo 3.5mm jack at the end that plugs into the deepblue2. Each speaker now outputs a single channel. The remote control works on both systems at once as long as you point it towards the midpoint between the two speakers. The sound of the two systems is much improved over a single system (which is what I used before I got the last set of adapters). I am very pleased with the result.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one of these, and it sounds lovely whenever Audirvana Plus 2.09 finds it. Unfortunately, about 50% of the time Audirvana never "initializes" this device. DB2 with iTunes sounds quite decent for the office, but when it works, DB2 Audirvana sounds significantly better, as good as any office/kitchen type of system I've ever owned does.

larryb

• 4 months later...

I'm wondering I want to listen to some of my classical music in my office in high quality. I want to find a flexible solution that I can take with me. Do I get a Bluetooth speaker or Bluetooth headphones, both of which I'll be able to take home and use elsewhere. I like the speaker beacause it's a speaker and you just put it somewhere in the room and plays the music, but is more expensive and not as portable as headphones. Headphones like some of these:Best Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones in 2015 are much cheaper and you can also just put them on and forget about. While I'll probably need to spend more money on headphones to get the same sound quality, I just want something good for $300-400 range, but possibly less.

• 1 year later...