IGNORED

HELP PLEASE - HIGH END DESK TOP SYSTEM NEEDS FINE TUNING or DIALING IN

​Does anybody live in the Los Angeles area who could help me fine tune my Audirvana Plus, NU Prime IA 16

integrated amp (200wpc/384k, Gallo Reference Strada 2 speakers with TRD bass speaker & an IMAC??

I am more than happy to pay for someone to guide me.

I have it set up and playing but I'm sure there is a lot of room for improvement.

It should be an awesome desktop set up.

Any day any time.

Muchas Gracias

Marc Fogel

310 684 0599

[email protected]

Sorry, that is an uncalled for response. He asked for setup-fine tuning help, not for some self defined "expert" to climb on a soapbox and trash his speakers. Simply not very nice.

Other than that, sounds like you've never heard the speakers and simply are slamming someone who designs something that doesn't fit your personal design preferences, but not based on actually knowing how they sound. That's not insight, that's a form of prejudice.

I simply know that the Strada have pretty universal positive professional reviews and also user satisfaction, judging from what users write about them. The Gallo designs are certainly unconventional, but they are a pretty successful commercial company with a reputation for good sounding products. Maybe that should make you hesitate for a second before you write a post with such conviction that you KNOW the product sucks. Or would that take a smidgen of hard to come by humility?

...Now I'm waiting for what will probably be your enlightened reply

Not in LA Marc but I have some insight. I've been designing and building loudspeakers for some time now and the hair on my arm stands up when I see designs like the Gallo Strada. First off, it's a diffraction nightmare. The high frequencies have no choice but to reflect off the midrange enclosures in a not so good manner which results in a very rough response in the passband. Second, a round baffle is the worst for blooming and power response. You wind up with deep nulls at varying degrees around the horizontal and vertical. In the nearfield, these speakers are an absolute disaster. Most any simple box 2 way with a smooth baffle and a well designed crossover would be a better option. They look absolutely stunning, but don't conform to ANY of the known design preferences for speaker systems. Sometimes being different isn't a good thing.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Sorry, that is an uncalled for response. He asked for setup-fine tuning help, not for some self defined "expert" to climb on a soapbox and trash his speakers. Simply not very nice.

Other than that, sounds like you've never heard the speakers and simply are slamming someone who designs something that doesn't fit your personal design preferences, but not based on actually knowing how they sound. That's not insight, that's a form of prejudice.

I simply know that the Strada have pretty universal positive professional reviews and also user satisfaction, judging from what users write about them. The Gallo designs are certainly unconventional, but they are a pretty successful commercial company with a reputation for good sounding products. Maybe that should make you hesitate for a second before you write a post with such conviction that you KNOW the product sucks. Or would that take a smidgen of hard to come by humility?

...Now I'm waiting for what will probably be your enlightened reply

When I first read the reply from mayhem13 I thought about replying him/her but then I decided to let it go (not worth it). For OP, I do own the original Stradas (LRC). First I mounted them on the front wall but the clarity suffered a bit. Then I put the L/R on speaker stands and away from the walls (1m off front wall, 0.6m off side wall). The imaging and clarity improved significantly. However the low end suffered. You do need ideally two active subwoofers to make these speakers really shine. Two subs will make the placement easier and the overall sound smoother. They may potentially outperform Gallo Ref 3.5 setup due to active subs.

I have experienced none of the potential issues mayhem13 is talking about. They are excellent speakers. I also own traditional boxed speakers and I prefer Gallos.

PS. Stradas need 100 to 200 hours of break-in time.