IGNORED

UpTone JS-2 Power Supply Listening Impressions

16 hours ago, Superdad said:

For 100/120V countries 1A slow blow; or you can probably get away with 1.25A regular (fast) rate.  But 1A fast-blow will usually blow from turn-on inrush current.

Of course for 220/230/240V countries, fuse is half the rating, so 0.5A slow-blow.  

The fuseholder of the JS-2 accepts both physical sizes of fuse.  The big American ones as well as the petite European size. :D

My preamp also uses a 1A slow blow, which means that I have a couple of spare audiophile fuses around that could fit (HiFi Tuning Supreme and Synergistic Black).   I can’t imagine that a fuse could matter in the case of a JS-2 powering a Mac Mini.  But maybe one of these days I’ll throw in the Supreme just to confirm.  Thanks for sharing the fuse info.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Barton said:

Has anyone with a sensitive system compared JS-2 vs lps-1.2 for powering just an ultrarendu or optical rendu? Thanks in advance.

I preferred the LPS-1.2 over the JS-2 for powering my microRendu 1.4 - but in my situation I was using the other rail in my JS-2 to power a Mac mini.  I even preferred an LPS-1 over that second rail as I reported here:

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256