IGNORED

UpTone JS-2 Power Supply Listening Impressions

Ordered my JS-2 and MMK over the weekend. The next 4 weeks are going to be loooong. Wah! I want it NOW!!

Will be comparing to my Paul Hynes SR-3. And possible my friends Core Audio.

I am also on the list for a Regen.

April is going to be a FUN month.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

Which USB 3 cable do you have in your system ?

Hi Edward. I have the TotalDac USB cable. I need to update my sig.

By the way am I correct that you will be in the NYC area later in March? If so maybe we can get together depending on our schedules. PM me.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

So you're going to use it on a Mini and Regen?

Jason, my plans as of now is to use it on the Mini and my exaSound DAC. If possible the SR3 on the Regen or if I get a NAS, on that. Though it might take a voltage change on the SR3 for any of that.

Alex, is it possible to use a 12V / 2.5A power supply on the Regen?

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

• 5 weeks later...

Listening impressions of the Uptone MMK installed on my Mac Mini powered by the Uptone JS-2 Power Supply.

FIRST, KEEP IN MIND THAT MY SYSTEM IS VERY RESOLVING AND SHOWS ANY AND ALL POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES WHEN THINGS ARE CHANGED IN THE SYSTEM.

SO YMMV.

WOW, NO WAY, HOLY SH*T, DID I HEAR THAT, I NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE, CAN'T BE, IT'S JUST THE POWER SUPPLY OF THE COMPUTER!!

The tone of the instruments are more life like. The cymbals, horns have that tone that gives each their specific, distinct quality. The same goes for a stand up bass. Even a tambourine sounds more like it should. And that is one of the hardest to sound like it should.

The attack and decay all have improved. You can hear the decay of notes that were obscured before.

Also the placement of instruments are more distinct overall.

Some the music/instruments sounds about the same in the same songs where I hear the above improvements. But what is 100% improved is the overall quality of the sound I hear.

Again, YMMV.

Next will be also powering my DAC, the exaSound e20 MK III .082 Clock, with the JS-2 Power Supply vs the Paul Hynes SR3-12 Power Supply that I use with my DAC.

I must say I do not expect to hear much of a difference between the two.

PS the quality of the build of the JS-2 and the cables are fantastic. And Alex has been very responsive.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]