IGNORED

UpTone JS-2 Power Supply Listening Impressions

Just my experience from the JS-2.

I have bought a used JS-2 and I have ordered to Uptone a MMK and Regen I am waiting for.

For the moment I use my JS-2 to power my lan switch.

In fact, I did that to test but didn't expect to get better sound.

I was wrong, I was very surprises how the JS-2 powering a Lan switch could improve the sound.

I get more basses, more air and all seem more defined, specially the human voices which are more detached.

A real surprise for me.

Next step, use the JS-2 and MMK. Hummmm !!!!

For the moment I use my JS-2 to power my lan switch.

In fact, I did that to test but didn't expect to get better sound.

I was wrong, I was very surprises how the JS-2 powering a Lan switch could improve the sound.

I get more basses, more air and all seem more defined, specially the human voices which are more detached.

A real surprise for me.

Next step, use the JS-2 and MMK. Hummmm !!!!

you'll be amazed! ;)

just got an HD-Plex (sorry Alex: can't afford a second JS-2 at the moment :P ) for my NAS and, as it didn't came with the right DC cord for it (but it's on its way here), I'm using it for the ethernet switch between NAS and Mac mini: it does make a difference indeed! :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

you'll be amazed! ;)

just got an HD-Plex (sorry Alex: can't afford a second JS-2 at the moment :P ) for my NAS and, as it didn't came with the right DC cord for it (but it's on its way here), I'm using it for the ethernet switch between NAS and Mac mini: it does make a difference indeed! :)

Guess this is why using a NAS with an ARIES is an advantage.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

no idea about the Aries, but the day I changed NAS/Mac mini connection from wi-fi to ethernet... WOW!!! :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I'm a simple guy with very old-fashion tastes :P

;)

headphones system:

... ooops! :P

:coat:

headphones system:

My Amber is on a day off.

I installed in my Uptone Audio MKK on my Mac Mini.

I plugged in the JP-2, Played the music and was a tad disappointed with the overall change.

Ran the LPS and the MKK for a week more and what a revelation.

The biggest gain has been that my system has lost lot of the Ground Hum that I had...I dont know why.

As my Preamp/Power Amp and DAC are all tube based, I assumed that somewhere one of the Tube was screwing the harmony up.

BUT now! what a revelation....I had secretly been listening to my Headphone rig (;)) more and more due to my personal disappointment with the final sound that my rather expensive system produces......Now it would be interesting to get the Regen on and see what this does to the music bloom!.

So ground loop issue sorted.

Sound with depth

High frequencies now more tight

Low frequency has a certain clean ring to it and the mids are lovely too.

So at present it seems lie every thing JS and Alex produces is gold dust!

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Today I experimented with replacing the Auralic Aries LPS with an Uptone JS-2, during an audition at a colleague's place. The Aries drove a Vega DAC over a coax digital cable. The Vega was set to linear phase filter and Exact clock modes. A total of 5 people were in the listening room. After swapping in the JS-2, everyone heard a higher purity level and increased detail in the sound. Even before the swapping, the system was already delivering very satisfying sonics (musical, great dynamics, strong hall reverb), but the JS-2 helped take it to another level. One auditioned track that highlighted the sonic improvement with JS-2 was a Decca recording of Rimsky-Korsakov's Capriccio Espagnol, by Ataulfo Argenta & LSO (pretty old recording) re-mastered by FIM.

The JS-2 is a winner! Kudos to John and Alex for a great product! Count me as another highly satisfied customer.

Ha ! You're in fine form today, must be a happy camper :)

No just delirium from lack of sleep (up half the night invoicing the last buyers and promising the next 10 people who inquired that I will catch up with them soon). Plus I am procrastinating going out to the hot garage to start making the 20 Oyaide/Belden DC cables to go with all those pretty JS-2s.

;)

But indeed, I am in a pretty good mood, thanks Dave.

AJC

Just got back and decided to try direct power supply to the Mac Mini SSD via the JS-2.

Not sure if I find any worthwhile gain to be honest. A tad (Minimal) less noise perhaps.

So the JS-2 and the MKK seems to be doing a swell job!

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

Just got back and decided to try direct power supply to the Mac Mini SSD via the JS-2.

Not sure if I find any worthwhile gain to be honest. A tad (Minimal) less noise perhaps.

So the JS-2 and the MKK seems to be doing a swell job!

Your post is confusing, you're not sure if any worthwhile gain was made, but the JS2 is doing swell

Can you elaborate on that a bit

Fridays

Your post is confusing, you're not sure if any worthwhile gain was made, but the JS2 is doing swell

Can you elaborate on that a bit

Perhaps it is my jet lag!

My base Mac mini was being powered by the JS-2, then decided to do the next thing on my list. Powering the SSD directly. As there was no discernible difference to me, I assumed that the power supplied by the JS-2 to the unit via the main supply was top notch and there was nothing more to be had.

YMMV. Or your ears may be more sensitive than mine?

The JS-2 other wise punches above its weight I have two other LPS to compare with.

JS2 running the last two days with two Amber Regen's at 9V in the main system. Just wonderful! Couldn't be happier with the way the system sounds.

Are you running the two REGENs from the same JS-2 outlet? If so, did you get a Y-connector? Thanks.

Installation completed in a bit less than one hour (I took a methodical and slow approach).

The instruction manual, the iFixit page, and Artifex's photos were very helpful.

Mac Mini with fan control along with the REGEN at 7V.

Just starting to listen...

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

Two quick questions for Alex and/or John.

1) I plan to leave JS-2, Mac Mini, and REGEN on continuously, as well as my DAC, etc. I assume this is not an issue in terms of heat (we shall see) or other things.

2) The JS-2 is plugged into the Monster 5100 MkII power box. Do you think that it would be better to plug directly into wall outlet since any power conditioning seems superfluous with the LPS?

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star

Connected the JS-2 to my Adnaco S1-B optical PCIe board and my SOtM USB card.

From the first seconds, I got the difference. I had been using the HDPlex lps up until then.

One word . . . smooth. It's just a smoother (and more enjoyable) sound than what I had before.

Impressed with the service and pleased with the product.

Joel

Connected the JS-2 to my Adnaco S1-B optical PCIe board and my SOtM USB card.

From the first seconds, I got the difference. I had been using the HDPlex lps up until then.

One word . . . smooth. It's just a smoother (and more enjoyable) sound than what I had before.

Impressed with the service and pleased with the product.

Joel

Thanks for that Joel.

Had been considering getting a hdplex or js-2 (hdplex was more wallet friendly) but as you've reported a noticeable difference it has made the decision much easier in favour of js-2 :-)

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)