IGNORED

AKG K702 upgrades

No experience with replacement cables, but I'm ever so fond of the K702. One of my best, most satisfying, headphone purchases. I love the level of detail and nuance these are able to communicate.

While I do often listen right out of the DAC's headphone circuit, I've found the K702 benefits from a more powerful amp. That might be another path, in terms of searching for improvement. IMO.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

I am a complete cable sceptic but there is no doubt that they need and benefit enormously from a sufficiently powerful headphone amp. They are a very tough load, most portables don't cope well.

Fabulous deep unbolted bass with textbook clarity. Marvellous 'phones.

Frank[br]Mac mini, Amarra, Pure vinyl, Resolution Cantata, Metric Halo LIO-8, dCs P8i,DeVialet 800, Goldmund Mim 20/36+/22/29.4, Epilog 1&2[br]Reference Turntable Ortofon Jubilee pickup

I am a complete cable sceptic but there is no doubt that they need and benefit enormously from a sufficiently powerful headphone amp. They are a very tough load, most portables don't cope well.

Fabulous deep unbolted bass with textbook clarity. Marvellous 'phones.

How powerful is powerful enough? :)