IGNORED

Brain Salad Surgery, Really?

Downloaded the high rez version deluxe edition, scroll down to play "Lucky Man" and guess what? It ain't there, what a rip off. $24 plus dollars, the rest of the down load is really sweet but common man, hopefully the rest will download automatically.

Sorry the download was through Acoustic Sounds.

I see HD tracks is $19.98. I checked HD tracks earlier and it wasn't listed. My loss is your gain.

Downloaded the high rez version deluxe edition, scroll down to play "Lucky Man" and guess what? It ain't there, what a rip off.

Why would you expect BSS to include "Lucky Man"? This is from their first album.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC 

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha and Delta power cords, Shunyata Alpha interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD60 speaker cables, ASC isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels

You are confusing Brain Salad Surgery with the first ELP album - that's the one with "Lucky Man".

I did buy the BSS download from HDT. Think it sounds good.

BTW there is a 24/48 version of the first ELP album (Steve Wilson remix) available on e-Onkyo Music. It includes "Lucky Man", but the album is a little different from the original, as not all of "side 2" of the original LP still existed as a master tape. But you need to access the site with a Japanese VPN/Proxy to buy it. I managed to buy it and download it.

Downloaded the high rez version deluxe edition, scroll down to play "Lucky Man" and guess what? It ain't there, what a rip off. $24 plus dollars, the rest of the down load is really sweet but common man, hopefully the rest will download automatically.

Sorry the download was through Acoustic Sounds.

I see HD tracks is $19.98. I checked HD tracks earlier and it wasn't listed. My loss is your gain.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

So why is Acoustic Sounds selling everything at 96/24 while HDTRACKS has some tracks at 44/24?

I'm pretty sure this is an oversight by AS. Write them and ask. They'll answer.

The ELP web store says this about the 2 disc CD/DVDA release, regarding all the tracks that are the "bonus"- not on original album in any form (i.e., the last 5 tracks from the download):

Excerpts From Brain Salad Surgery NME Flexi Disc

and the DVDA only has the "original" album tracks in 24/96. So I'd bet none of the "bonus" tracks are 24/96.

Some of the other ELP remasters have had mixes of different resolutions - depending on what the source they had to master from. So, I'm betting this is also one of those and one of the few times HDT is giving better info than AS.

edit: I just read the liner notes from the download. The producer had a hard time locating the original material and much of it was given to him in the form of digital transcriptions of the original tapes. Even more reason to think much of it might have been in 24/44.1, and not 24/96.

Hey, but write AS and ask. Maybe I'm wrong and you'll get a higher res version than the one I've bought.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I bought the CD+DVDA version from Amazon for $17. It has the original remastered at 24/96. The DVD has the FLAC files ready to download. You also get a plethora of additional material including a re-mix (really awful) and redbook extras. This version is pretty great to my ears on the 24/96. $17 American not bad!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >J River 27 > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo TT 2 > Empyrean Copper PCUHD Cable > Meze Empyrean > my ears > audiophile brain

The first DVDA of this from years back is really a strange mix overall in my opinion. Go for the new version.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >J River 27 > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo TT 2 > Empyrean Copper PCUHD Cable > Meze Empyrean > my ears > audiophile brain