IGNORED

Charles Edward "Charlie" Haden (August 6, 1937 – July 11, 2014)

JHG

So very sorry to hear. He was one of my favorite artists.

Remembering Jazz Legend Charlie Haden, Who Crafted His Voice In Bass : A Blog Supreme : NPR

Thank you for sharing - I have truly enjoyed his music, particularly his last two collaborations with Keith Jarrett (recorded before his final illness).

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Oh my! What a loss. I only recently (the last few years) started to appreciate his playing and contributions. I love his Naim label collaboration with Antonio Forcione (Heartplay) and that got me going on dozens of his projects.

Charlie we will truly miss you.

This is a great Charlie Haden | Keith Jarret album and appropriately titled - > Last Dance | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

Concur. Own it along with a long list of the other great pairings, i.e., Night And The City with Kenny Barron. His legacy is a endearing gift for our enjoyment. His passing a deeply felt loss.

Charlie, I am glad I heard you.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Liked it at first listen, but it didn't really grow on me till I'd heard it a few times. The playing, especially the bass, is sophisticated and subtle. Really good. Charlie is really the leader here, I think, as strange as that sounds.

There is also the previous album of theirs, "Jasmine", produced from the same sessions.

This is a great Charlie Haden | Keith Jarret album and appropriately titled - > Last Dance | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

He was one of those rare musicians that could truly jump genres. The night I heard of his passing I listened through several iterations. Spirituals with Hank Jones, blues with James Cotton, so much jazz, all held together by his strong harmonic sensibility. I ended my night with Wayfaring Stranger from the Art of Song. Not a bad singer, either.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...