IGNORED

Qobuz special offer on Deutsche Grammophon

They just changed it to $41.98, from the time I added it to my cart and got ready to check out :(

I purchased and downloaded the 9 Symphonies about 30 minutes ago for $17.98. At the time, I wondered what made the price so reasonable. Now I know. A $24.00 error was made in the pricing. ?

Best,

Richard

They just changed it to $41.98, from the time I added it to my cart and got ready to check out :(

Woa! I just bought it and am in the middle of downloading it. We're up to #4 now. I wonder if they will bill us for their mistake. If it is any consolation, there isn't a whole lot of content above about 12 kHz.

Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 2.17.23 PM.png

I listened to Karajan's 3 and 9 so far, and I find them both completely lacking in expression. 8 is better.

I'd be interested to know why Karajan's fans think these are great.

Certainly there are other Karajan recordings that are great, but not these IMO.

Also, beware that the 1962 sound is very thin, badly lacking in lower midrange body and richness.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

I purchased and downloaded the 9 Symphonies about 30 minutes ago for $17.98. At the time, I wondered what made the price so reasonable. Now I know. A $24.00 error was made in the pricing. 

Best,

Richard

Or... maybe you paid too much for this crap.

Best,

Roch