IGNORED

J River Media Jukebox questions

Dan which Windows are you using? I use J. River Media Center which supports ASIO. The free version known as Jukebox, does not support ASIO. MediaMoneky supports ASIO, I had to use a DLL file I got from this site. I had compared JRMC to MM some time back I belive I was not using ASIO4all at that time. I preferred JRMC using Direct Sound on my laptop and I changed a alot of settings, disabling any volume controls in the OS and the application.

I now use ASIO and I love JRMC, I feel it is the best front end player I have heard to date.

I suggest you use Direct sound if you run Windows prior to Vista. Vista and Windows 7 do not use the kernal mixer so no need for ASIO.

Good luck and let me know how you do.

Liz

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

You are mistaken,

J. River Media Jukebox does not allow ASIO. Although it is in the menus, take at look at the wepage to see how the two programs differ.

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

I used Media Jukebox with ASIO for almost a year. So have others on this forum.

http://www.mediajukebox.com/MJ12Features.html

"The best sound performance with high-quality DSP settings, bit-perfect music, and full support for a range of lossless music formats and ASIO"

hFX Classic fanless i7 SSD > Locus Nucleus / SW Diverter HR > RWA Isabella LFP-V Pro / New Sensor Genalex Gold Lion E88CC > ALO Sennheiser HD 800 balanced[br]

For a USB DAC you will need to install a "generic ASIO" driver. This is really a "kernel streamer" disguised as an ASIO driver. I have tried both free ones and have gotten better results with ASIO4ALL. It is a little tricky to set up with J.River.

For complete instructions go to our website at:

www.ayre.com/usb.htm

Then click on Windows. Then select your version of Windows. Then read the link on installing ASIO4ALL. Then pay CLOSE ATTENTION as you read the setup instruction for J.River for your version of Windows. Everything you need is there. Good luck!

Charles Hansen

Dumb Analog Hardware Engineer
Former Transducer Designer

There would be a lot less misinformation appearing on public forums if people limited their comments to their actual experience.

I too could not undertsand where Lizard King got this idea from and can only conclude he based his comments on Media Jukebox version 8, which was discontinued in November 2007 and which the JRiver website compares (very misleadingly in my view) to Media Center 13.

Ordinarily I would not have bothered posting the correction, however in this case the equivalent free version works just as well as an alternative to the paid product, unless one has a need for things such as video playback, addtitonal skins, remote capablity and server support.

hFX Classic fanless i7 SSD > Locus Nucleus / SW Diverter HR > RWA Isabella LFP-V Pro / New Sensor Genalex Gold Lion E88CC > ALO Sennheiser HD 800 balanced[br]