IGNORED

Offline Upsampling

Jud

Look at offline audio converter list [2018] https://samplerateconverter.com/audio-converter/list

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

• 4 weeks later...

WAV 64 bit - RF64 - MBWF. Read easy explanation: https://samplerateconverter.com/educational/wav-64-bit-rf64-mbwf

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

1 hour ago, Whitigir said:

Now, I wonder as I have free trial of aui-converter.  Why the expensive pricing where as Xivero is much cheaper.  Neither of the 2 have options to select different filters and noise shaping mode or whatever

There are options for different filtering in AuI. There's a wideband option.  I haven't used it in a while, so I don't know whether it's still there, but there was a minimum phase option.  There's a volume control for DSD conversion (IOW, controlling the level of the resulting DSD file). There's a facility for ripping damaged CDs.  And of course there's the quality of the conversion filtering itself, which Archimago liked in his measurements as I recall.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Yuri, the developer of  Aul is truly a "hands on fellow."  He is always available to assist you, regardless.  

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

1 hour ago, Whitigir said:

Now, I wonder as I have free trial of aui-converter.  Why the expensive pricing where as Xivero is much cheaper.  Neither of the 2 have options to select different filters and noise shaping mode or whatever

1. Comparison

AuI ConverteR is pro-audio software with hard demands to sound quality features and some important details that are need for exact work with file conversion. To correct comparison studio software may be used.

There is unique (as far as I know) functionality for audio converters:

AuI ConverteR is multitool: converter, safe CD ripper, ISO extractor, CUE-splitter (including DSF/DFF), metadata editor.

Quality of all these tool are important for us.

2. Options

AuI ConverteR provide the best available its quality (by our opinion) right "from box".
Even in current version, available audio options have big number of combinations: https://samplerateconverter.com/content/how-improve-sound-quality

To simplify using we try to achieve the best (as we can) result inside and minimize adjusted option number.

Sometimes we open new audio options. But we very careful there.

Noise shaping is intended to maximal reducing noise in audible band. But too sharp noise shaping can cause broken stability of sigma-delta modulator. In design we found we best noise shaping for minimal noise and maximal output level with keeping stability of used sigma delta modulator: https://samplerateconverter.com/educational/what-is-dsd-audio

Our sigma-delta moduator (convert to DSF/DFF) use 0.4 dB headroom instead traditional 6 dB. And the headroom may be reduced by user option, when it don't cause broken stability.

3. Price policy

Price policy is based on the project survival:

1. permanent efforts, that are necessary to support, research and develop, to proper new result achieving;
  2. market niche size.

Example: To achieve optimal combination of resampling filter parameters, each combination of input and output sample rates have individual calibrated resampling filter. Design of each of such filters is manual work. This work demands significant skill and technical intuition. One filter may be designed up to several weeks.

Also in some cases price may be significantly reduced with configurable AuI ConverteR Modula-R: https://samplerateconverter.com/#modula-r

What is the best audio file format? Article. [Updated] https://samplerateconverter.com/educational/best-audio-file-format

• 5 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

Will there be an option to use super long filters such as WAT2 from Chord ?

Unfortunatelly, I don't know that are filters there. Filters may be implemented different way.

General rule (but depend on implementation anyway): More length for steeper filter.

5 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

When I buy and pay for the software, will updates be free for future updates ?

Information below in this post are valid on moment of publication of this post:

Minor updates of AuI ConverteR (example: 7.1 to 7.2, 8.3.1 to 8.3.3, etc.) are free.

Major updates of AuI ConverteR (example: 5.x to 6.x, 6.x to 7.x, etc.) are paid and fund tech support, research and development works. Extra Warranty allow to save money for some cases.

Read details here: https://samplerateconverter.com/content/warranty-rules-aui-converter-48x44

1 minute ago, audiventory said:

Unfortunatelly, I don't know that are filters there. Filters may be implemented different way.

General rule (but depend on implementation anyway): More length for steeper filter.

Information below in this post are valid on moment of publication of this post:

Minor updates of AuI ConverteR (example: 7.1 to 7.2, 8.3.1 to 8.3.3, etc.) are free.

Major updates of AuI ConverteR (example: 5.x to 6.x, 6.x to 7.x, etc.) are paid and fund tech support, research and development works. Extra Warranty allow to save money for some cases.

Read details here: https://samplerateconverter.com/content/warranty-rules-aui-converter-48x44

Thank you.  I asked because per Chord, staying with PCM upsampling and using the extra long filter allow them to achieve better performances (M-Scaler).  I tried HQPlayer to 384Khz with extra long filter and love what I hear.  That is why I am thinking about offline upsampling to 768KHz 

1 minute ago, Whitigir said:

staying with PCM upsampling and using the extra long filter allow them to achieve better performances (M-Scaler).  I tried HQPlayer to 384Khz with extra long filter and love what I hear.

In ideal the length should be minimal to reduce ringing time. Though, alias filtering is more important, in my opinion.

And deeper alias suppression demands more length. When I improve filters, I try to reduce length and keep the suppression.

3 hours ago, audiventory said:

In ideal the length should be minimal to reduce ringing time. Though, alias filtering is more important, in my opinion.

And deeper alias suppression demands more length. When I improve filters, I try to reduce length and keep the suppression.

Thank you, and that is very good to know.  Anyways, is it possible for future versions to allow different filters options like HQplayers ? I just want something similar but allow offline conversions

32 minutes ago, Whitigir said:

Anyways, is it possible for future versions to allow different filters options like HQplayers ?

In Settings > General:

1. 3 filter modes;
  2. Minimal phase filter for Optimized mode;
  3. Dithering.

Trying of all combinations of these parameters is not easy work. Read details here https://samplerateconverter.com/content/how-improve-sound-quality

We follow "Occam's razor" concept (reduce all excessive).

Each inpit/output-sample-rate combination have individual filter, that adjusted manually under careful control.

Fine tuning of such filter demands up to several weeks of full time work.

We try rid our customers of part of "boring" process.

• 1 month later...

New AuI ConverteR 8.0 is released. Read details about new features https://samplerateconverter.com/content/aui-converter-v8

New AuI ConverteR 48x44 version 8.1 is released https://samplerateconverter.com/content/aui-converter-v8-1

If you have issues with auto update and got version 8.x, to update use link form update or order email.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 v.8.2 is released:

1. Export album artwork to m4a (alac) is implemented,
  2. Download unpacker issue is fixed.

• 1 year later...
On 9/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, audiventory said:

In Settings > General:

1. 3 filter modes;

Hello Yuri,

I recently started testing the trial version of AuI ConverteR. I read the section of your website "How to improve sound quality via "the best sounding mode". Can you clarify these points:

What are the differences between the 3 filter modes: Optimized, Non-Optimized and Non-Optimized Wide? 

Does AuI ConverteR modulate DSD64 files to DSD128 entirely in the DSD domain?

My library/playback software is Audirvana 3.5 installed on a late-2012 Mac Mini. I have a  large library of classical, jazz and new creative music in DSF and PCM file formats. Files that I converted -- PCM to DSD128 or  DSD64 to DSD128 -- do not exceed the processor and memory capabilities of my Mac Mini. By contrast, signal dropouts sometimes occur when I use Audirvana's iZotope or SoX conversion from PCM to DSD128.

When I first installed Audirvana I enjoyed playing with the iZotope and SoX filters, but now I would like to listen without distractions.

• 4 weeks later...

Compared to Yuri’s AuI?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Thanks to bodiebill for posting the link to Poikosoft EZ CD Audio converter. I tested the software on several 24/96 PCM classical music recordings and 24/192 Blue Note jazz reissues, resampling to DSD128. Conversion is very quick, about 4 minutes. Cover art and metadata tags are preserved and copied over to the destination folder. Sound quality is excellent, and the load on the CPU is very light compared to converting on the fly. 

Mac Mini late-2012 i5 16GB RAM, Audirvana 3.5, USB direct to Gustard DAC X-26.  

7 hours ago, Undertone said:

Thanks to bodiebill for posting the link to Poikosoft EZ CD Audio converter. I tested the software on several 24/96 PCM classical music recordings and 24/192 Blue Note jazz reissues, resampling to DSD128. Conversion is very quick, about 4 minutes. Cover art and metadata tags are preserved and copied over to the destination folder. Sound quality is excellent, and the load on the CPU is very light compared to converting on the fly. 

Mac Mini late-2012 i5 16GB RAM, Audirvana 3.5, USB direct to Gustard DAC X-26.  

Good to hear. More info, quoted (with permission) from a PM from @pm325 :

On 6/14/2020 at 8:16 AM, pm325 said:

Test results of DSD64-to-DSD256 conversion by CZ CD Audio converter in attachment. As you can see, it decreased the HF noise from original DSD64 (via internal conversion to DXD), but without complete suppression. Subjectively, the algorithm gives good results.  

MusicScope_results(-200dB_mode)_for_original_DSD64_file.png

MusicScope_results(-200dB_mode)_for_DSD64-to-DSD256_conversion_by_EZ_CD_AC.png

audio system

Graphic confirmation that conversion of DSD64 to higher rate DSD reduces the HF noise inherent in DSD.

I remodulated two DSD64 albums to DSD128, and set the DSD filter on my DAC to a higher frequency (presets at 47, 50, 60 and 70kHz). Improvements are noticeable, but more subtle to my ears than conversions from PCM to DSD128. Processing time for a one-hour DSD64 album to DSD128 is around 6 minutes. 

11 hours ago, bodiebill said:

As you can see, it decreased the HF noise from original DSD64 (via internal conversion to DXD), but without complete suppression.

This means that the EZ dsd upsampling method includes a conversion to dxd? Or ...?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.