IGNORED

Possible solution for HRX and Chesky playback issue!

Chris, I have noticed some reports of playback issues with the R.R HRX and the Chesky hi-res files in 176.4 and 192 format. I ran across this issue with my unit and called Chesky who then had me call someone at HDTracks who then asked me to come here to the CA Forum to look for answers. Go Figure! So they know they have an issue and they don't know how to fix it and they wanted me to check and let them know back.....pretty sad!

Anyway, I downloaded a free copy of Sony's Soundforge. I open the file say 24/192 wav and I saved it as a 24/192 wav with the same name in a different directory. Bamm it works now. As you may know Soundforge is expensive, so I tried the dbpoweramp converter and it did not work for me. I think I also tried some avsoftware and no deal as well. Don't ask me why cause I don't know:)

Let me know if this works for you!

Hi vortecjr!

Would you be able to try the same with Audacity?

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Maybe it does the job. (seems like there is - maybe - a problem with the data header)

Cheers

Harald

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

Harald,

Does Audacity support 24/176.4 files - I thought it only does up to 24/96?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I am sure something inspired me, but I can't find it again :( I fixed above.

I think Harald, is right that it has to due with the header. The guy at HDTracks mensioned it as well, but he was not sure. They wanted me to rip a copy to see it that would fix the issue. I didnt try it because that takes to long and the soundforge works fine. I didn't try Audacity, but if some needs it I can due it for them.

Eloise wrote:

"Harald,

Does Audacity support 24/176.4 files - I thought it only does up to 24/96?"

Hmmm, good point.

As I don`t use it, I can`t tell ...

I use Wavelab for ages, and think I will do so in the future, as it has served me good on some related (i.e. broken headers) problems.

Cheers

Harald

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II