IGNORED

Article: Oppo HA-1 Headphone Amp & DAC Review

So, for approximately the same price one can get a Lynx Hilo that does substantially all of this AND has a reference-quality analog-to-digital converter.

Value proposition? Sorry, I'm not seeing it.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

Mark Waldrep compared it to the Benchmark DAC2 on his blog:

As for sound quality, several readers have asked me how it stacks up against my Benchmark DAC2 HGC. I can say that I love both but…

The Benchmark DAC2 HGC is a reference quality converter and functions as well as a preamplifier. It competes…and wins…against anything at any price, including the Light Harmonic $20K DAC (no kidding). The HA-1 is a notch below the rarefied air that Benchmark and others occupy. But a solid piece none-the-less.

Oppo Headphone Amplifier HA-1: Up Close 2 | Real HD-Audio

PS: I have no affiliation with Benchmark. I am just an ordinary customer. I bought a DAC2 D a year ago (at the too high price at which it is sold here due to tariffs, VAT and import mark-ups) and am very pleased with it.

There is a difference between "silicone" and "silicon." A reviewer ought to know it.

why?

Standard Mac mini 2010/iTunes (ALAC)/Pure Music & Pro-Ject RPM9.1/Ortofon Rondo Blue/Project PhonoBox SE -> Bel Canto DAC2.5 -> Acurus A200 -> Aphion Argon2 Anniversary/Impact500 & Sennheiser HD650 -> Comfy couch.