IGNORED

HDtracks Now Available In Germany

A quick check of a few albums showed prices much higher than the US store, I guess that is the nature of the Euro market.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Several ridiculous prices.

Led Zep 1: $29 in the US store, 59€ (= $80) in the german store.

It would be normal for prices to be around 20% higher, because of the VAT.

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited is closer to that calculation ($18 vs 19€ = $26)

Claude

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited is closer to that calculation ($18 vs 19€ = $26)

Yes, the added increase in the LZ price is to recover the setup fees in Germany amortised over popular releases, or a natural gaffe caused by Hdtracks that we expect from time to time.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

[ATTACH]13248[/ATTACH]

Hi,

Here in Germany we have an other Download Store called "HighResaudio.com". By now most albums listet there wer not available from HDTRacks due to regional restrictions. E.g. most ECM Albums are only available via HighResaudio, LZ I-III are also available.

HDTracks-ECM.jpg

Prices for LZ are significantly lower as mentioned by CatManDo. LZ I-III normal Album cost 15 Euro, De Lux Version 21 Euro incl. VAT. One Euro is currently approx. 1,36$. This is competitive to US prices of HD Tracks. Probably they have made a mistake in HDTRacks.de, if the albums are listet so much more expensive.

ECM is not available, e.g. new Keith Jarrett / Carlie Haden album, because HighResaudio has it in its list.

simplon

Digital Sources: MacBook 8GB / 512GB internal SSD, iTunes 12.0.1.26, OS X 10.10 El Capitan, Amarra Symphony iRC 3.0.3 and Pure Music 2.0, Weiss DAC 202 Firewire, Creek Destiny CD,

Analog Sources: Transrotor FatBob Turntable with SME M2-9 tonearm and Benz ACE-L MC cartridge

Preamplification: McIntosh C500T Tube preamplifier; Clearaudio Balance+ Phono preamplifier (balanced);

Power amplifier: McIntosh MC452 Stereo

Loudspeaker: B&W 802 Diamond

Cables:

AC: Audioplan power conditioning and 5x Audioplan Power Cable, 1 Shunyayta power cable, 1 Audio Pro power cable

Kimber KS 1130 XLR between Phonostage and pre-amplifier, Speakercable Kimber 3033 incl. Kimber BiFocal Bi-wiring- adapter, Audiopro Advanced Listening 3 XLR, 1 digital SPDIF cable CD to DAC, Firewire MacBook to DAC Kubala-Sosna,

Accessories: room treated with accoustic elements from r-t-f-s, Hannl Mera Vinyl Record Cleaner; 5x bFly Audioabsorber, Creative equipment rack

Hmm, I am in Germany and access hdtracks.de, but all of the website is english, even though all my browser and system settings are set to german.

I would expect a german store to offer german language to their customers ...

OK, english is fine for me, so I continue shopping ...

I am connected through a german ISP to their site.

If e.g. I enter Jack White Lazaretto I am getting the result with the info that this title is not available to me due to regional restrictions.

HDT_ger.png

Sorry folks, shut it down and do your homework first, this is not user-friendly !

I am back to highresaudio.com :-)

And the prices are still very high. If it is like the US site, it will take them about 3 months to get it working properly. I don't understand the way they do things.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)