IGNORED

Dirac live feature suggestions

What features would you like to see added to DIRAC LIVE?

I have been using DIRAC Live for several months. I have very few complaints. I am a happy customer. I have enough experience to know the pros and cons of different DSP solutions. So, I am not interested in other DSP solutions based solely on sonics.

DIRAC LIVE's customers could benefit from some improvements, IMO. I wanted to start this thread to let folks post their ideas of how DIRAC LIVE could be made even better. I personally have suggested some improvements by opening DIRAC tickets. I know my ideas are considered. But I think it would be more effective to have a single place to let DIRAC LIVE customers sound off with their ideas.

Michael.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

Great idea!

I would like to get support for more channels. Currently I use two Lynx-cards in my HTPC, which gives me a total of 12 channels.

That would let me have multiple subwoofers, all corrected independently. Today I have two, but intend to get four more.

And, a crossover function would be high on my wanted list. At-least between mans and sub(s).

Maybe the moderators can split this thread since we're a bit off-topic maybe..?

New thread title could be "Doing crossovers with Jriver/Dirac..possible or not..?"

Just a thought..:)

Split.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f23-dsp-room-correction-and-multi-channel-audio/doing-crossovers-jriver-dirac-possible-or-not-20809/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I don't think that more channels are the issue here (technically): The rig the DTS folks are using with Dirac:

The Inner Ring consists of 22.1 setup and is used for testing all possible home theater setups.

The Outer Ring consists of 28.1 speakers with bass management for each wall and independent dual LFE. The Outer Ring is used for testing a myriad of theater setups including NHK.

DTS

I don't think that more channels are the issue here (technically): The rig the DTS folks are using with Dirac:

The Inner Ring consists of 22.1 setup and is used for testing all possible home theater setups.

The Outer Ring consists of 28.1 speakers with bass management for each wall and independent dual LFE. The Outer Ring is used for testing a myriad of theater setups including NHK.

DTS

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing.

If the computer does the surround decode to more than 7.1, Dirac Live would need to support more than 8 channels. In bitstream mode, where the pre-pro does the decode, Dirac can't be used at all.

DIRAC isn't workable with REW. No good measurement using DAP and most recent REW. I even did a digital loopback for timing reference to help REW get a valid measurement with no luck.

It would be great if DIRAC could have some type of verification interface or compatibility with REW.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

DIRAC isn't workable with REW. No good measurement using DAP and most recent REW. I even did a digital loopback for timing reference to help REW get a valid measurement with no luck.

It would be great if DIRAC could have some type of verification interface or compatibility with REW.

why it shouldn't be possible to measure Dirac's performance (running on the music source computer) and using REW (or Fuzzmeasure) on a different computer, e.g. laptop, at your listening site. I did this with interesting results.

why it shouldn't be possible to measure Dirac's performance (running on the music source computer) and using REW (or Fuzzmeasure) on a different computer, e.g. laptop, at your listening site. I did this with interesting results.

Have you measured via DAP with REW? If so, I doubt you got a valid measurement. What did it look like?

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

Have you tried using it with ASIO4ALL?

REW can only measure a test signal it generates. Maybe there's other solutions that try to measure like fuzz measure. However, I am not interested in a non-synchronous capture.

Danold,

Maybe i still don't understand your measurement setup. But I think you are saying you go out REW via DAP for the test signal on one PC and capture the same test signal on another PC using fuzzmeasure. Did I get that right?

The issue is not that I can't send a test signal out through REW. With the new version of REW, you can select DIRAC ASIO output no problem. The issue is that DAP does something to the timing of the test signal such that REW can't take a valid measurement.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

• 1 month later...

I have the miniDSP version of the Dirac software, and have been integrating a sub into my system. A key part of successfully integrating the sub is choosing an appropriate cutoff frequency and setting the gain so that it's high enough to fill some holes but not too high resulting in making bigger spikes that need to be drastically corrected by Dirac.

At the moment I need to do all nine measurements before I can see the frequency response graph

Sound Test, Monaco

Consultant to Sound Galleries Monaco, and Taiko Audio Holland

e-mail [email protected]