IGNORED

Greetings, an Anecdote, and Several Questions

I agree with Eloise, if two channel is what you want best results from then I wouldn't go the AV reciever route.

For the same money as a hi end AV reciever (which is what you will need to get close to that demo you heard) you can get a REALLY good Integrated amp. It terms of upscalling the DVDs I wouldn't worry too much about that. An HDMI DVD player will upscale for you anyway and often the upscalling which occurs in every HD TV will be better anyway! Later on you could plug the DVD into the DAC as well as computer to get a nice CD/DVD transport.

Also in my personal experience I have recently "downgraded" from a multichannel system to a 2 channel system and never looked back. One of the things that really impressed was Music DVDs.

So here goes: Nice sounding DVD player (perhaps a SACD/DVD Audio universal if audio is your thing- Marantz do these) + Nice powerfull int amp as Smaller speakers often require more power, remember power doesn't always equal overall loudness but ability to transfer subtle information from the disk. Then the PSBs which I have heard nothing but good things about. But yes Listen, listen, listen and try to get a home demo when you are down to your final choice.

PS3 60bg (160GB installed + Native music Browser)-AVI ADM9.1-Klipsch SW12 Subwoofer-Belkin Power Board- Custom power cables-Supra Sub Cable- No Name Toslink Cable - PROUD NZer

I can't get over how many people don't bring music to listen to and a favourite movie to demo products. You need at least "some" point of reference! The other tip is to make sure the TVs are not set on Vivid/Dynamic/Showroom modes which are almost always too bright. Give the Pioneer a whirl its a great TV - grab it before they cease production! And that is from someone working for a competitor brand!!!

Its a shame the NAD gear didn't do it for you as I always have a soft spot for them. Maybe the PSBs were abit too forward for you. The NADS to like to rock but maybe too much.

I would throw two other brands your way Sonus Faber Speakers and Unico/Audio Analogue. All are Itallian made with beautiful finish but more importantly a lush warm sound. I believe models would fall in your price range if you are looking at M3s.

PS3 60bg (160GB installed + Native music Browser)-AVI ADM9.1-Klipsch SW12 Subwoofer-Belkin Power Board- Custom power cables-Supra Sub Cable- No Name Toslink Cable - PROUD NZer