IGNORED

DRC, high-passing main speakers, and two subs...which way forward?

I use a DEQX HDP-4. It's very transparent.

DIRAC is not a crossover so you'll need one after the computer. That's what I do. If you don't want to do that, you could try audiolense or acourate with a MCH DAC like the exasound or lynx hilo. Ive heard the exasound MCH DAC. It's a fabulous performer for sure.

You'll also need delay.

Hello Dallas.

Been doing a fair amount of reading, and I keep coming back to your answers. I'm seriously considering Acourate on the server plus an exaSound e28 to output into the two subs with a mono signal under 80 Hz or so, using a SS amp for the main speakers woofers, and the tube amp for mains mids/trebble. I believe by doing this I would be able to delay the signals to both subs, along the lines of what you do.

I wanted to ask you why you chose to do differently? Maybe you purchased the HDP4 and Dirac first and then realized you needed to delay the subs? No offense at all meant, but you seem to have thought this through quite a bit so I want to make sure I'm not missing something significant in my design.

BTW, I went back to Toole's book. Seems like 4 subs with different delay would be optimal. I could do that with the e28.

Thanks!