IGNORED

Outrageous Bullying on a Sonos thread..

I believe there is a very clean, easy (and currently free) way of playing our hirez libraries around Sonos.

see the ongoing thread: Zp 24/96 - Page 82 - Sonos Forums

It involves the great transcoding properties of MinimStreamer

But just take a look at the kind of bullying and responses I have been getting on the Sonos forum..

I am waiting ATM for some formal help by the moderators (who will know better)..and a reply from Sonos software engineers on their forum if in fact this can easily be made possible (without disrupting the 16 bit file playback of Sonos for their other customers..)

But it just goes to show the bias against hirez out there..

I believe CA should formally protest against the anti hirez bias held within the Sonos customer and developer base: both here on this forum, and directly with Sonos.

Until Sonos allows independent UPnP server sharing within the Sonos platform.

Cheers Wap

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Sonos is very well known for their stubbornness to not support 24bit format in general. I think pretty much everyone knows this.

It looks like their customers have also drunk the Kool-Aid.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

The parochial, Luddist attitude adopted by the closed-system fanbois reminds me of the Coke v. Pepsi wars. Remember them? Still raging! Except, Sonos is cream soda.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.

You post to other audio forums? (Fora?) You are dead to me.

wg,

Fori? Anyway do catch up: the zombie apocalypse was *last* weekend. To wit, we're not only merely dead, but really and sincerely dead. :):):)

But cheer up: humans taste like bacon.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.

You're not being bullied. I think you have just run into some loudmouth who is not interested in your point of view. Hey, at least some people on that thread are trying to help you out. I dunno much about Sonos, but I don't think they are on your side on this one. I don't think Sonos has high fidelity as their priority. Maybe someday...

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

But isn't it a little optimistic to beat up mid-fi, expecting them to become hi-fi and get roses on top?

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

Sometimes its just better to move on and let some threads just die as it looks like the bulk of those on that forum do not want to change their little system to suit one or two .

Sure. That is a good point.

The hoops that have to be jumped thru are extraordinary.

Trouble is there *still* is no realistic suitable HiRez alternative to Sonos.

I'm starting to wonder if there ever will be... and that one single manufacturer is interested. And even if they are: could they *really* pull it off...

I say this because I believe it's ALL ABOUT SOFTWARE.....

And nobody seems capable, willing, recourseful, or really interested enough or understands this is what it really is all about :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra