IGNORED

I need help, please read

Once upon a time I had a state of the art stereo system, some vinyl, mostly cd's and I met some skilled people, one of whom made

me a custom dac with a huge battery powered direct dc power supply and I had an amp that he also made with hand matched resistors and with speakers to match, I had a system capable of glorious resolution. I now have an even better system that I would be willing to compare with, ( you know, mine is better than yours), I won't go down that road but with an oppo bdp83 transport a newer custom built dac with output chips that were never even released by national semiconductor from their high end audio division.

the first paragraph just to imply I've been in the game but now I have no way accessing the latest HD resolution files that many are using. I have recently purchased the Jobs225 amp made on the goldmund assembly line at a fraction of usual Goldmund pricing.

Now I could use somebody to help me create a blueprint of how to get in the game. I originally thought of the olive all in one system, then the vortex box and on I went looking at rip to drive units. My current dac has been custom fitted with a variable output so I can go directly to my beautiful stereo amp, On the way to this I patented an audio cable that many say, does virtually nothing to change the signal path so my system is really neutral. I don't have a clue how to commence so a conversation on what to do next would be really helpful,

Keith

I'm just of average intelligence, so I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for. You have a DAC with custom chips that lets you go directly to into your custom amps, (so no preamp needed), (and even using your patented cables), but you want to interface with hi res files? You may need another DAC that can accept the files. Do you know what the limits of your current DAC are? What inputs (spdif , USB, etc) does it take? Those never released output chips have nothing to do with the "input" and DAC parts of your DAC, so in this case they mean zilch. You could always get them put into another custom made DAC, but my guess is that even the best nat. Semi chips aren't going to be all that good compared to a tightly matched discrete, tube, or xformer output. But it's certainly possible.

In any case, you have three choices. Over sampling DACs come in two basic varieties, those using a hardware chip, and those that use a programmed array. Then there are no over sampling DACs that have no filters, etc. built in, and for lower refs sources rely on software up sampling prior to the DAC.

Youll need a server or a computer in the mix. I think it's time to visit a dealer. Sounds like the best place to start.

You bring up some good points, I might be better off letting sleeping dogs lay. My dac will do high resolution files but then again what I have may be as good or better now. You live in Berkeley which is close by me in Daly City. I have gotten in to some heated discussions when I mentioned I had patented a cable and I mentioned that hearing is believing and I gaver some people invitations to come over with their best reference material and have a listen but got no takers. My dac takes a standard spdif coaxial input coming from an Oppo transport.