IGNORED

Support request - Mac OS X - sound output devices keeps changing on its' own

All ideas are welcome. I am completely at a loss here.

• When I startup my mac, the default sound device is my Ayre QB-9 USB DAC.
  • When I check for the Audio MIDI setup before playback, the highlighted device is the Ayre DAC.
  • As soon as I start playback, the sound device switches to HDMI (Samsung TV). During playback, I can't manually change the output device. When I turn off the playback audio software, the sound device changes itself back to the Ayre USB DAC.

I have a mac mini (2012) running Mac OS 10.9.3

Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

I tried with Audirvana Plus and Fidelia. I am getting output through the system. When the playback starts, the Audio Midi setup app shows the HDMI device for sound output. When I playback with iTunes or Amarra, the output also works but the designated device stays on the Ayre DAC for sound output.

I don't get it .....

I tried with Audirvana Plus and Fidelia. I am getting output through the system. When the playback starts, the Audio Midi setup app shows the HDMI device for sound output. When I playback with iTunes or Amarra, the output also works but the designated device stays on the Ayre DAC for sound output.

I don't get it .....

I think that is just the way Audivrana functions. I have noticed that to. I gave up trying to figure it out and as long as your DAC is identified in Audivrana you should be good.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

I don't get it .....

Check to see whether you enabled "Exclusive Access Mode" in your player. If yes then OSX needs to default to another sound output option as your DAC is not available to OSX for other audio duties such as warning sounds, incoming calls, notifications, etc. In your case it defaults to HDMI.