IGNORED

Holy Multiroom HiRez/DSD streaming batman...

Thus is what to shoot for on a control app. Three zones playing three completely different sources; Beats in one, ESPN radio in another, personal library in another.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13076[/ATTACH]

Or, you can have all playing same synchronized.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13077[/ATTACH]

Boy- do I ever agree - so long as it plays DSD from my locale library without converting it to downsampled PCM!

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Thus is what to shoot for on a control app. Three zones playing three completely different sources; Beats in one, ESPN radio in another, personal library in another.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13077[/ATTACH]

Everything has it's limitations, but that would be nice....

Jesus R

Oh, it's gapless playback too.

I don't have anything against that system. I'm just saying that it has it's limitations like any product. For example: It does not support hi-res playback gapless or otherwise. Also, while it might be a nice feature to have for me it's useless because I only have one renderer I stream to....

Jesus R

I don't have anything against that system. I'm just saying that it has it's limitations like any product. For example: It does not support hi-res playback gapless or otherwise. Also, while it might be a nice feature to have for me it's useless because I only have one renderer I stream to....

Jesus R

It sure would be helpful if it did high res handling.

David

I can already do this one also with DSD content, although I never use it because the cacophony would be horrible. House would need to be much much larger so that sound wouldn't get mixed.

I could already do this too up to 192/24 by using a bit of pro-audio gear.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I can already do this one also with DSD content, although I never use it because the cacophony would be horrible. House would need to be much much larger so that sound wouldn't get mixed.

I could already do this too up to 192/24 by using a bit of pro-audio gear.

Excellent! If this is available then why are people so up in arms over it? You should share that with the folks that have been posting for an app like that.

David

Excellent! If this is available then why are people so up in arms over it? You should share that with the folks that have been posting for an app like that.

I don't know, that's what I've been wondering for a while.

For different content I can play from any computer to any NAA-connected DAC. Or alternatively use UPnP renderer to local DAC or NAA-connected DAC.

For example you could put one of these

RedNet 1 | Focusrite

or these

RedNet D16 AES | Focusrite

in each room and then play back music through normal computer application using

RedNet PCIe Card | Focusrite

and configure routings different rooms through the control panel

RedNet Control | Focusrite

all should play back nicely in sync. And you have 192/24 multichannel in each room. As a side effect, you also gain multi-channel multi-room recording capability... ;)

I don't know, that's what I've been wondering for a while.

For different content I can play from any computer to any NAA-connected DAC. Or alternatively use UPnP renderer to local DAC or NAA-connected DAC.

For example you could put one of these

RedNet 1 | Focusrite

or these

RedNet D16 AES | Focusrite

in each room and then play back music through normal computer application using

RedNet PCIe Card | Focusrite

and configure routings different rooms through the control panel

RedNet Control | Focusrite

all should play back nicely in sync. And you have 192/24 multichannel in each room. As a side effect, you also gain multi-channel multi-room recording capability... ;)

Sounds like a plan. Not sure why some of the folks that are dearly wanting that type of multi room setup don't just jump on it. I personally am not concerned with multi room high resolution streaming. If I can get 16/44 easily, gapless, no drop outs, all the streaming services along with a decent user interface AND have it be relatively inexpensive, then I am good to go. I have my computer direct wired to my main system for the high res music in one room.

That's not saying if an affordable multi room 24/192 solution comes along that can also do what I am already used to I won't switch. I'd certainly give it some thought.

David

Heck. +1 for that!!! I'd luv that Miska my friend as you know!

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Sounds like a plan. Not sure why some of the folks that are dearly wanting that type of multi room setup don't just jump on it.

Maybe because it is a touch too complicated and pro audio??

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

^And how does it stream DSD?

^And how does it stream DSD?

With the D16 AES, DoP should work, with dual-wire mode even DSD128. Assuming the chain is bit-perfect. And since it has 16 channels (8 AES wires), it could work up to DSD128 multi-channel too.

Then you need a DAC that supports DoP over dual-wire AES. HQPlayer already has support for that.

Just show me how!!!!

Look. Over this. Seriously. I mean how farking hard is it to get this? I am telling you all it shouldn't be *that* hard!!! I mean WTF! I can stream individual hirez up to MCH DSD to the Oppo NP. I can do the same to the Linn. I can do Sonos. Ican do Rhapsody, Spotify and Pandora. I should be able to do up MCh DSD to the e28 once it gets a Linux driver with the Mini Server. I mean heck.. why is it so difficult for the industry here to realise this can be done right now and all we need is a decent versatile UPnP Control Point piece of software to put it all together? All nice and simple like! I still fail to understand why anybody just hasn't done this. The gear is available. It's *not* that expensive . I mean throw a dog a bone here! LMFAO!

It's not rocket science I am asking to so here !!! I an't asking to steam and co-rodinate this stuff to the DSOTM!!!

You need to try speaking with makers of SongBook and PlugPlayer and Bubble UPnP, etc maybe?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

It's not rocket science I am asking to so here !!! I an't asking to steam and co-rodinate this stuff to the DSOTM!!!

what terrible typo's.. stream and co-ordinate !!! What was I thinking hahahahaha

You need to try speaking with makers of SongBook and PlugPlayer and Bubble UPnP, etc maybe?

Got nowhere with PlugPlayer..

Have these guys *really* got their heart in it?

Got nowhere with PlugPlayer..

Have these guys *really* got their heart in it?

The problem is that these apps are either (a) developed by a hardware company or (b) probably a small "hobby" developer.

The first doesn't want to build an app which will sell the capabilities of a competitor and the latter builds what he/she needed and is happy to provide big fixes and easy changes but not willing to put the time in to develop what You need.

As an example of the latter: Simon who developed Minimserver was (I believe) unhappy with the available UPnP servers for his Linn streamer so looked at the reference code provided by OpenHome and built on that.

So yes they have their heart in it ... But only to a point.

Have you considered running J.River on a 18" Dell tablet? Or (and I keep coming back to it) LMS with custom browse / custom scan plug in then iPeng on your iPad. Or use UPnP for HQ audio but also have AirPlay in each zone.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

1/ JRiver is bloated. And still requires running another computer.

2/ LMS: well we have discussed there are a few gaps in the file handling capabilities (MCH DSD for example) right?

3/ UPnP for HQ and airplay for everything else>> Well is kinda messy don't you think? In any case it is not easy to switch between the "input" modes of the SOTM Mini Server.. (this needs to be done via web browser..and SOTM seems to not want to develop their own app)... and then it requires *another switch* for the music streaming services..

See.. it just goes round and round in circles..