IGNORED

Holy Multiroom HiRez/DSD streaming batman...

Nope. Different animal.

So it allows you to do only stuff within their family of hardware with their family of software in a pre-defined way they have decided? I call that bondage.

I want hardware and software separated, because it is practically impossible to find combination of hardware and software in single package that would exactly suit my needs.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

^ Oh yeh Miska.. wait. I forgot you hate UPnP hahaha :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Cool. Cool couple as well..

OK so you are familar with Sonos. Awesome.

Then you understand my frustration why there isn't a HiRez/DSD UPnP multiroom playing Solution just like Sonos: which handles both hirez streaming from a NAS and Music streaming services in exactly the same way :)

Looks like It is on it's way via Bluesound. Bluesound - HiFi for a wireless generation

Looks like what you are hoping for.

David

So it allows you to do only stuff within their family of hardware with their family of software in a pre-defined way they have decided? I call that bondage.

I want hardware and software separated, because it is practically impossible to find combination of hardware and software in single package that would exactly suit my needs.

But then in this statement you say you actually *like* UPnP :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Looks like It is on it's way via Bluesound. Bluesound - HiFi for a wireless generation

Looks like what you are hoping for.

I've know about this product for over 12 months.. can't actually buy it unless it's available online...doesn't do DSD..No Pandora, Rhapsody or Spotify :)

Hopefully someone will make that for you soon.

David

I've know about this product for over 12 months.. doesn't do DSD..No Pandora, Rhapsody or Spotify :)

Yep. Possibly Marantz will have something coming along soon that could address all this'd concerns. Only problem is the interface may not be quite up to SONOS standards. But you never know, it could be. Denon is also working on products to address the items you mentioned.

David

^ Why don't you write and alternative Sonos like solution Miska?

I've been using MinimServer + BubbleUPnP + HQPlayer Embedded. But I have to say I still find Minim + Bubble combination clunky, while being least clunky of what I've found. PlugPlayer is generally worse in terms of UX and IoP. And I'm probably too stupid for Linn Kinsky because although I managed to get it working I have still not figured how it is really supposed to be used.

And my library doesn't "look pretty" because I don't have any cover art in 90+% of my content and there's no way to do non-destructive metadata-editing either (metadata on downloads and GraceNote is #!&, even the three recent Led Zeppelin HD albums are not consistent).

So I still prefer my own way and I don't feel like missing anything... :)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Yep. Possibly Marantz will have something coming along soon that could address all this'd concerns. Only problem is the interface may not be quite up to SONOS standards. But you never know, it could be. Denon is also working on products to address the items you mentioned.

Great.... Links please !

Yeah, I spent quite a bit of time to implement support for it, just to become even more convinced that I don't like it. :D

Wait a minute! Are you saying you've now implemented a UPnP share within HQPlayer?

^ hahaha holy heck man! why didn't you tell me that before! hahaha

Oh OK.. wait.. it's just in the embedded player..

Well what can I "Embedd" it into?

A Pi or cubox? what would you recommend?

This thread is about the easy set up and multiroom streaming of DSD and HiREZ....

Hey no problem.. I still think the Olive ONE might do all this.. but it would only be 4 zones max: and I'm still not sure if it will do DoP DSD... or multicasting...

Have you got one of those in your store to try this for me:

If it works I'd buy 4 off you :)

Of course the real q/ is why the fark Sonos just doesn't add at least 24/192...

But like I've been asking that on their forum for over 5 years now (so long now I can't precisely remember hahaha) And all they do is continue to laugh at me and put me down........

....yet is remains the no ONE upgrade request feature asked for on the forum: with the longest running no of posts and visits...

....Go Farking figure...

Wait.. they archived me in Feb this year!!!

LOL!!!! hahahahhahaha

Well at least I tried...

Here it is for the record..

It was started in Oct 2007

Zp 24/96 - Sonos Forums

There I've re-opened it hahaha

Again. That is irrelevant

Who cares what itunes does... :)

The audio industry has NEVER understood this issue..

They always want to put their bias on things and shove down peoples throats that "well why would you bother" "when nobody can hear the difference"..

That has never been the point..

The point is the files exist, therefore people want to play them..

That stupid arrogant stance (amongst others) is entirely why itunes lost it's position as the no one music library..