IGNORED

CAPS or tablet

hi there

i have a simple but also confesing issue. i will be buying a chord chordette gem DAC with usb and bluetooth connectivity.

but i am lost what kind of system i should buy for my hifi system. i own a marantz pm6004 and triangle titus x speakers.

option 1: htpc (haswell celeron, 4GBram, hdplex case, linear psu, gigabyte mobo with dedicated usb port for dac B85N, msata ssd)

option 2: microsoft surface, with a external hdd that connects to the tablet.

option3: mac mini, ..... , what you guys suggest

budget is somewhat important, the first build is going to be around 500 euros, but if i can achieve the same result with less cash, why not?

thanks

amp: Marantz pm6004

Speakers: Triangle titus ex

tv: Philips 47PFK6559

hdmi cable: audio quest pearl

DAC: chord chordette gem

usb cable: audio quest cinamon AB usb cable

storage: lacie Blade runner 4 TB

software: jriver with jremote app on ipad

Over time you'll end up with a lot of music, probably stored on an external drive. For that, I think a PC or Mac will serve you better than a tablet. Also I'm not sure that you'll always have access to updated drivers for a tablet...

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Could you get a wireless AP or router with USB connectivity and just stream over that to either computer or tablet?

Also look at the AMD Kabini platform. Look at Anandtech and Tomshardware for reviews. Really affordable, low wattage, and better performance then the Haswell Celeron. Although either platform would be more than enough for HTPC and 2.0 music playback.

hi there

i have a simple but also confesing issue. i will be buying a chord chordette gem DAC with usb and bluetooth connectivity.

but i am lost what kind of system i should buy for my hifi system. i own a marantz pm6004 and triangle titus x speakers.

option 1: htpc (haswell celeron, 4GBram, hdplex case, linear psu, gigabyte mobo with dedicated usb port for dac B85N, msata ssd)

option 2: microsoft surface, with a external hdd that connects to the tablet.

option3: mac mini, ..... , what you guys suggest

budget is somewhat important, the first build is going to be around 500 euros, but if i can achieve the same result with less cash, why not?

thanks

i would highly recommend holding off on that purchase. Hugo is recently released with new FPGA chip. They are working on full sized dac using the new FPGA chip. Not sure when it will come out but it won't be long. Hugo itself might already be better than chordate.