IGNORED

Free DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 session tracks (stereo, multi and binaural)!

Gang,

I wanted to make you folks aware of a new free set of ultra hirez DSD downloads available. As a volunteer employee for NativeDSD.com I must preface this by saying my views are, of course, biased, but this post is not asking you to buy anything.

Our NativeDSD team of artists and producers are using cutting edge recording techniques to bring you the purest high resolution stereo and multichannel music. Well....what if I told you that they also have even more special "session tapes" and unedited performances that, up till now, are only heard by the production teams and those close to the industry. And often these direct recordings are laid down in even higher resolutions and sample rates than when sold, usually due to the fact that no significant commercial playback was available (i.e DSD128 even 12 months ago, and now DSD256 and multichannel dsd128 and above). These include stereo, multichannel and even some binaural recordings, from DSD64 to DSD256.

We've created a members-only label called JustListen (free to register, free to download), and it is dedicated to presenting unedited ultra high resolution session recordings (just as we receive them, often in raw formats like DFF). Also included are other sample rates, converted professionally (Sonoma, Pyramix, etc) to allow more of you who only have DSD64 or high rez PCM (DXD) dacs to experience these recordings as close to the mic as possible......even compare sample rates! You might find your DAC loving one more than the other. Debate them, compare them with your friends' findings.

Oh...did I mention they are FREE!!! Enjoy! Just listen.....

https://www.nativedsd.com/ (and hit the button under "Introducing Just Listen")

tailspin dropped me a line about these and kindly allowed me to hear a couple of them - very much looking forward to downloading the rest! And although these are presented in a way that allows format comparisons if folks want to be analytical, what is really nice is to have something of this quality to settle back and enjoy - to "just listen," if I may coin a phrase. ;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Downloading as I speak.

Love the site. Elegant, informational, warm and inviting, sophisticated and super easy to navigate. It's very smart to give away a healthy sample of songs to really sit down and enjoy and compare. This is the kind of thing that will get people engaged in DSD music.

Here's to hoping that my Mac/Dac/and Audirvana make it easy for a goofball like me.

Thanks!!

Downloading as I speak.

Love the site. Elegant, informational, warm and inviting, sophisticated and super easy to navigate. It's very smart to give away a healthy sample of songs to really sit down and enjoy and compare. This is the kind of thing that will get people engaged in DSD music.

Here's to hoping that my Mac/Dac/and Audirvana make it easy for a goofball like me.

Thanks!!

I listened to the free Stereo "Just Listen" downloads on the Geek Out 1000 and my PM-1 Oppo Headphones. Very nice! And now that the iDSD Nano with DSD256 playback has arrived, time to grab the DSD256 free files.... :)

I'm ready to download the two MA Recordings albums after hearing the "Just Listen" samples. Very well done native recordings on the Korg at DSD128 !

Yes, Todd does great work and I keep bugging him for more Korg recordings. I have many of his recordings, and even his redbook stuff is great. I'm trying to get him to get us the DSD128 of Resonance, a nice Viola de Gamba solo album that is currently in his catalog as redbook only. His Sera Una Noche hirez PCM stuff is wonderful too.

We'll have his albums on asap. Send him a note about it...i.e bug him! :)

I'm ready to download the two MA Recordings albums after hearing the "Just Listen" samples. Very well done native recordings on the Korg at DSD128 !

Because MA recording engineer is outstanding and of course his recorded music.

As Ted I have a lot of his redbooks and hi rez PCM from DVD-Audio.

But we urgently need whatever he has in DSD DL too!...

Roch

Because MA recording engineer is outstanding and of course his recorded music.

As Ted I have a lot of his redbooks and hi rez PCM from DVD-Audio.

But we urgently need whatever he has in DSD DL too!...

Roch

Agreed. I was very impressed with the two Just Listen samples in DSD Stereo. More please.... :)

It's a great pity that Grimm Audio's A/D doesn't have DSD128 capability. (Interestingly enough Grimm did upgrade their LS1 music system to support DSD128). I'm afraid that the upsampled Channel Classics files may give folks a wrong impression with regards to actual native DSD128 capability.

It's a great pity that Grimm Audio's A/D doesn't have DSD128 capability. (Interestingly enough Grimm did upgrade their LS1 music system to support DSD128). I'm afraid that the upsampled Channel Classics files may give folks a wrong impression with regards to actual native DSD128 capability.

I chatted with Bruno, the Grimm Audio developer at The Show last weekend. On A Higher Note was playing his new Mola-Mola integrated preamp which includes a DAC module that does DSD128 and above. Very nice!

As to where Grimm goes in the Pro Market, who knows?

Turning to native DSD128, Just Listen does have some nice Free demo files there. I like the two from MA Recordings - and am planning to download the two native DSD128 files from "A Far Cry" later today. Thumbs up !

I'm surprised they haven't posted the full albums with these DSD Downloads for sale yet! Appreciate the free samples on Just Listen but I assume the record labels will want to get some sales based on these offerings at some point... :)

Hiro,

We specifically mention that the Mahler track(s) is DSD64 sourced (native DSD) from Grimm. The others are either DSD128 or DSD256 sourced (Korg, Horus, etc). We have included the other versions for DAC comparison sake, not to give the wrong impression of which is native. Are you saying we need to be even more explicit? You seemed to figure it out, why are you implying we are misleading folks?

I chatted with Bruno, the Grimm Audio developer at The Show last weekend. On A Higher Note was playing his new Mola-Mola integrated preamp which includes a DAC module that does DSD128 and above. Very nice!

Turning to native DSD128, Just Listen does have some nice Free demo files there. I like the two from MA Recordings - and am planning to download the two native DSD128 files from "A Far Cry" later today. Thumbs up !

I'm surprised they haven't posted the full albums with these DSD Downloads for sale yet! Appreciate the free samples on Just Listen but I assume the record labels will want to get some sales based on these offerings at some point... :)

Brian,

I may not have mentioned it here, but thought I did on other forums, and in emails to you. Todd's MA Recordings aren't uploaded yet cuz he has still some finalizing to do, and is out of the country. But we did not want to stall sampling his work. We are all over it, believe me.

Hiro,

We specifically mention that the Mahler track(s) is DSD64 sourced (native DSD) from Grimm. The others are either DSD128 or DSD256 sourced (Korg, Horus, etc). We have included the other versions for DAC comparison sake, not to give the wrong impression of which is native. Are you saying we need to be even more explicit? You seemed to figure it out, why are you implying we are misleading folks?

Why are you implying that I'm implying that you are misleading anyone? I just said that I'm afraid that some folks could judge DSD128/256 by the upsampled files anyway. Your labeling of the files is fine IMO.

They have recently upgraded their pro-LS1 speaker system with 128fs DSD capability...

Hiro, thanks for the clarification. My bad. I just sent a recommendation to the site to color the buttons differently (say, blue for original source, green for resampled tracks). Not sure if we can do that, but your point is well taken.

They have recently upgraded their pro-LS1 speaker system with 128fs DSD capability...

This is all good news for the future of Grimm sample rates. The Mahler 1 (Just Listen sample) was recorded with Grimm equipment in 2012.

Brian,

I may not have mentioned it here, but thought I did on other forums, and in emails to you. Todd's MA Recordings aren't uploaded yet cuz he has still some finalizing to do, and is out of the country. But we did not want to stall sampling his work. We are all over it, believe me.

I know Todd does travel quite a bit. So I can understand how it may be tough to get the paperwork done. And I appreciate his generosity in sharing files for free. I'll be happy to send some $ his way when the papers are signed and the downloads are up.

Ditto for the folks at Eudora Records in Spain with their excellent DSD256 classical guitar recordings! :)