IGNORED

Denon HEOS wireless network speakers

It was just announced the other day on the internet without too much info, but it looks like they want to compete with Sonos system.

Denon launches HEOS wireless multi-room system | whathifi.com

I was just about to pull the trigger on Sonos but I think I'm going to wait now.

Curious about those myself. They have one heck of a long way to go if they want to tackle Sonos though. The Denon app for their networked receivers for Android and iOS devices does not hold a candle to the SONOS app. I'd be surprised if they catch up in that respect.

David

yeah.. where the heck does Denon say what formats!!!

This is insane.. it just won't beat Sonos period, unless it supports at least 24 bit!

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

yeah.. where the heck does Denon say what formats!!!

This is insane.. it just won't beat Sonos period, unless it supports at least 24 bit!

*LOL*. It won't beat Sonos even if it DOES support 24bit (which it doesn't). Sonos is so far ahead of the game in their interface that I don't see the majors cachting up anytime soon.

David

Sonos is so far ahead of the game in their interface that I don't see the majors cachting up anytime soon.

Sure I know that! hahahahhaa

Without 24 bit this Denon product is dead in the water.. Like 5 years too late!!!! What a yawn....

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

*LOL*. It won't beat Sonos even if it DOES support 24bit (which it doesn't). Sonos is so far ahead of the game in their interface that I don't see the majors cachting up anytime soon.

Sure I know that! hahahahhaa

Without 24 bit this Denon product is dead in the water.. Like 5 years too late!!!! What a yawn....

I agree.

In the article RealHIFI posted It looks like in the comments the author made contact with Denon and said this.

I've heard back from Denon and this is the response to both questions:

"We support majority of formats up to lossless FLAC cd quality, no HD.

Regarding the number of files we don't have a limit like Sonos. This comes from the fact that they do their own database. As we support DLNA servers it's up to them how many files they can expose to HEOS. So the limit is in, for example, Twonky but I guess it's much higher than 65k songs."

Hope that helps!