IGNORED

Mizik: new Audio concept seen at Munich

Meet MiZiK | MiZiK

This sounds very interesting and somewhat revolutionary. Relatively affordable.

One very favorable review already online: http://www.mizikmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/HiFi+-Iss.111-MiZiK-Review-HR.pdf

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I'm trying to read where there is a revolutionary design or idea here. I am missing something (not at all meant as facetious; you guys are not idiots so I'm trying to find what you are finding). Modular design? Any company that sells a phono stage, a DAC and a streamer..and then tells me I don;t have to buy all three? Well, yeah, that is true of any company selling these three product categories, or any three categories...except in most cases not buying all three means I mix and match. And they hook them to each other via proprietary cabling? Denonlink? Meridian Link? Meitner/EMM umbilicals, etc?

I like the sort of Bang and Olufsen design, and the vertical setup option, but it will be a subjective thing to all prospects.

Please, guys, what am I missing? I am trying to find it, but when marketing literature keys on features like

"MiZiK displays rotate automatically" they might as well say "we have portrait/landscape orientation not previously found in any product, except those above a common everyday smart phone." Its that kind of reaching that scares me to take much credence in anything they say. It's all couched in " our MusIC chip algorithms are better than others algorithms". Again, I could be wrong, and frankly feel I probably am...but I'll be damned to find the revolution here.

Interconnected by HDMI, so not proprietary. DAC only works with SPDIF, no USB, so if using computer source may need sound card or converter.

What's claimed as revolutionary is some sort of "feed forward error correction" (PLL?).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Jud, DAC spec that I see says USB to DSD128? Why do you say that? And even though they are using HDMI cabling it is still likely proprietary. Many folks (like PS Audio's I-squared-S) use HDMI cable as a vehicle, but not the HDMI spec.

mizik dac.jpg

I think the answer is here: What is the MusIC Process? | MiZiK

and here: MiZiK System | MiZiK

This is not the standard technology we are used to. If you read the review linked to above, he goes into a bit more explanation and also seems to be saying that it also works.

Jud- the DAC/Pre accepts USB, the player/stream only has SPDIF out. Between the lines, sounds to me like the system converts DSD to PCM; I wrote them and asked if this was the case.

I'm trying to read where there is a revolutionary design or idea here. I am missing something (not at all meant as facetious; you guys are not idiots so I'm trying to find what you are finding). Modular design? Any company that sells a phono stage, a DAC and a streamer..and then tells me I don;t have to buy all three? Well, yeah, that is true of any company selling these three product categories, or any three categories...except in most cases not buying all three means I mix and match. And they hook them to each other via proprietary cabling? Denonlink? Meridian Link? Meitner/EMM umbilicals, etc?

I like the sort of Bang and Olufsen design, and the vertical setup option, but it will be a subjective thing to all prospects.

Please, guys, what am I missing? I am trying to find it, but when marketing literature keys on features like

"MiZiK displays rotate automatically" they might as well say "we have portrait/landscape orientation not previously found in any product, except those above a common everyday smart phone." Its that kind of reaching that scares me to take much credence in anything they say. It's all couched in " our MusIC chip algorithms are better than others algorithms". Again, I could be wrong, and frankly feel I probably am...but I'll be damned to find the revolution here.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

So which piece of equipment is that review talking about all of the below or just one.

dPlay DA Pre – versatile multiple input DAC (Digital/Analogue Converter) for use with CD type S/PDIF and computer sources via USB.

dVin – fully configurable vinyl record replay stage/A to D, with switchable EQ curves and rip-ready USB as well as S/PDIF output.

dStream – the heart of the MiZiK system, provides network interface and music file replay as well as an SSD storage option, but also provides the revolutionary feed-forward error cancellation technology (the MusIC process), which makes the MiZiK system outperform even the most expensive DACs.

hate to say but that thing when its on its side looks like my wife's copier at work and when it's vertical a new futuristic coffee maker.

Very interesting

The Truth Is Out There

I think the answer is here: What is the MusIC Process? | MiZiK

and here: MiZiK System | MiZiK

This is not the standard technology we are used to. If you read the review linked to above, he goes into a bit more explanation and also seems to be saying that it also works.

Jud- the DAC/Pre accepts USB, the player/stream only has SPDIF out. Between the lines, sounds to me like the system converts DSD to PCM; I wrote them and asked if this was the case.

Ah - onboard DSP. Also ADC at 24/96 for your vinyl if you want it.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.