IGNORED

Searching on this site

Is it just me, or does anybody else have a problem with the way the search engine works on this site?

If I search for something - here is an example: "Saracon" - I get a list of topics in which the word "Saracon" has appeared. These topics can contain hundreds of individual posts and there is no way I can see to home in on which one(s) contain the actual search term.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Is it just me, or does anybody else have a problem with the way the search engine works on this site?

If I search for something - here is an example: "Saracon" - I get a list of topics in which the word "Saracon" has appeared. These topics can contain hundreds of individual posts and there is no way I can see to home in on which one(s) contain the actual search term.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

It's not really intuitive. I had the same problem before.

to find individual posts, go to advanced search, then "search single content type", and then select "show results as posts".

It's not really intuitive. I had the same problem before.

to find individual posts, go to advanced search, then "search single content type", and then select "show results as posts".

. . . or just use Google.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

. . . or just use Google.

Google can often work very well if you add the name of the forum after it.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

using the + sign between search terms with more than one word also helps

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Use the search term site:computeraudiophile.com

Also use quotation marks for phrases such as:

site:computeraudiophile.com "bits are bits"

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull