IGNORED

First Build - Budget Server

This is my first build and I would like to run Server 2012 R2 Essentials and Audiophile Optimizer in a single configuration.

All from Newegg.com

SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCAA-L-O Mini ITX Server Motherboard FCBGA559 Intel NM10 DDR3 1066

Habey EMC-800S Silver Heavy duty 3mm aluminum Slim Mini-ITX HTPC/NAS/Server Chassis 120W Internal Power Supply, 60W External AC Power Adapter

LITE-ON DVD Burner 8X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 6X DVD+R DL 8X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 8X DVD-ROM 24X CD-R 24X CD-RW 24X CD-ROM SATA Model DS-8ABSH-01

SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE500BW 2.5" 500GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

12V 5A Replacement AC Power Adapter for Seasonic SSA-0651-1 60W LCD

Grand total: $530

OK, so help me out. I'm I on the right track? If it's jacked up, please say so. I would like to get it right but for close to $500 plus software.

Thanks!

Magnepan 3.7i speakers, REL S/3 sub, PS Audio BHK250 amp, Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSDse, Server - Atom N2800 motherboard, 4GB RAM, 500GB SSD running Windows Server 2012, Audiophile Optimizer 1.40 and JRiver MC 21.

This is my first build and I would like to run Server 2012 R2 Essentials and Audiophile Optimizer in a single configuration.

You did not list RAM. The Supermicro accepts 2 x 2GB Non-ECC DDR3 SO-DIMM (like it's used in notebooks). For Windows Server I would install the maximum possible. G.Skill F3-8500CL7D-4GBSQ should work.

I believe the LiteOn DS-8ABSH-01 is a tray type DVD, you would need a slot-in similiar to LiteOn DL-8ATSH; I did not find it on Newegg though. If you do not plan to use the server for ripping, leave it out.

As I understand it, the Habey comes complete with a power supply, please verify with the dealer. In that case the second PSU is not needed.

Primary ::= Nabla music server | Mutec MC-3+USB w/ Temex LPFRS-01 RB clock | WLM Gamma Reference DAC; Secondary ::= Nabla music server | WaveIO | PrismSound Lyra

Thanks for everyone's suggestions in both posts. I deleted the DVD burner and the extra power supply, added the RAM and purchased the above server.

Magnepan 3.7i speakers, REL S/3 sub, PS Audio BHK250 amp, Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSDse, Server - Atom N2800 motherboard, 4GB RAM, 500GB SSD running Windows Server 2012, Audiophile Optimizer 1.40 and JRiver MC 21.