IGNORED

New Squeezebox "Touch"

I know most people here prefer direct from computer into DAC but others like the steamer route. Ofter questions are asked about 24/96 and it looks like this is going to support 24/96.

Specs are reported as...

Logitech® Squeezebox™ Touch. The color touch-screen Wi-Fi music player that lets you discover a world of music. Listen to your personal digital music collection, new music from online music services*, and thousands of Internet radio stations—all through your stereo. A 4.3-inch color touch screen makes it easy for anyone to use.

Audio formats: • MP3, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, Apple Lossless • WMA Lossless, APE, MPC and WavPack supported through transcoding • Some formats may require additional software installation Internet radio • Support for MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and WMA formatted Internet Radio streams Wireless interface • True 802.11g wireless networking • Support for 802.11b and 802.11g routers and access points • One-touch setup (with compatible WPS-supporting routers) • Supports WPA Personal, WPA-2AES, and 64/128-bit WEP encryption Ethernet interface • Connects to any 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps network (with Auto MDX) General: • USB host connector for accessing music and photos via USB drive or USB key • SD card slot for music and photos • Supports sampling rates up to 24 bit / 96 kHz • Stereo analog (RCA), headphone jack, digital optical, and digital coax output • 4.3-inch 24-bit color LCD with capacitive touch screen • Ambient light sensor to adjust display brightness according to environment • Infrared proximity sensor to detect presence

930-000089.jpg

From WebPics and Original picture

More details from the Squeezebox Forum.

Pricing seams pretty unknown ... I've seen anything from €200 - €330 mentioned. I don't think it's been officially announced by Logitech yet either. Anyway thought people would be interested if they've not seen this information already on other websites/forums.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Funny, I just saw a Transporter that listed yesterday on a used audio site at about USD 1400. That seems very cheap.

If you had bought the Transporter solely for its ability to stream 24/96, then given this new product, you might just opt to unload the Transporter, buy the Touch and pocket the difference. Or maybe its just a scammer...

Software: Rip for Mac -> FLAC -> MAX -> AIFF -> iTunes

Hardware: Mac Mini -> Lifatec TosLink cable -> Technolink TC-7510 -> Unity interconnects -> Primare A20 -> (basically lamp wire) -> Mirage 290is

Doesn't sound over the top cheap.

Transporter is listed on Logitech's website at $2000, second hand price of 70% doesn't sound that cheep to me - about average. On eBay currently there are 4 listed with Buy It Now around $1000.

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

I think that may be GBP. In USD they are upwards of 1600.

But your point is taken. I like the transporter, but that has a lot to do with 24/96.

Software: Rip for Mac -> FLAC -> MAX -> AIFF -> iTunes

Hardware: Mac Mini -> Lifatec TosLink cable -> Technolink TC-7510 -> Unity interconnects -> Primare A20 -> (basically lamp wire) -> Mirage 290is

Okay - you're right ... the prices now say £ (GBP) I'm sure they had $ sign when I first looked. Anyway thats still similar to the $1400 that you said was being asked initially.

Eloise

---