IGNORED

Article: 2014 Munich High End Show

Stereophile has price at $999. Are you sure of your pricing?

2 Versions. One has upgraded PS, clocks, etc. $999 and $1599

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

So does the price at USD 1599,-.

Comments like this are always funny to me. Typically these are the same people that will spend thousands on cables whereas an item like this, takes real design and execution. Hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Comments like this are always funny to me.

Typically these are the same people that will spend thousands on cables whereas an item like this, takes real design and execution.

Well, today you are barking up the wrong tree!

I exclusively use high-end professional equipment and have no need for overpriced cables.

It's all standard (digital) AES3 cables at EUR 25 for 10m / USD 35 for 33' - Example.

Oh, and thunderbolt and firewire.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

So, I have to relate a short story. I bumped into Chris (Connaker) at the High End show a few times. It's always fun talking to him. But this time, the opportunity was simply too good. Why? Because who should come walking up near us but Michael Fremer. One of the world's leading advocates of vinyl within arm's reach of the one of the world's leading advocates of digital. How could I leave that situation alone? So I called out to Michael and tried to engage him with Chris. I was hoping for insults, cat calls, and the like. Nothing of the sort happened. : ) It was a great conversation and Chris did not get baited into anything . . . to his credit . . . not that Michael was trying to bait him. Although Michael did hold onto the notion that CD's only sound o.k. and that you only start to get good sound from digital when it's high-res. Given some of the CD's I've heard, I found that one a little hard to believe. And again, Chris remained stoic.

I joked that it was a good thing that Mark Waldrep wasn't a part of this conversation. I suspect the conversation would have been a lot more lively.

In any event, it was a fun exchange at an amazing show.

Joel

I have met Chris twice, once at CAS and once at CES. He is a lovely guy, very knowledgable and very generous with advice. As I have the same speakers he has(TAD CR-1) I was very interested in how SAM with Devialet may blend. I've hear Fremer has a good sense of humor and hopefully doen't take himself too seriously. I wonder is Chris hear any of the Cabasse with its DSP processing

Nick

I was really thrilled with the sound from the New M2Tech Young DSD DAC - much more resolving than the old, less digital overall..also was thrilled to see M2Tech's New Mercury DAC with double dac chip per-side using improved time shift technology, was also graced with Hegel HD12 with DSD (i have the more expensive HD25) and the new Synthesis Audio DSD DAC (Single Ended Only) using valves in the input stage...oh this show is going to make me so broke..maybe its time to sell my Metronome Technology DAC8...

rviq9i.jpg

Young DSD and the New Van De Graaf Power Supply, which will power the Mercury,Young and Existing EvoS!

20qxfew.jpg

The M2Tech "Mercury" (Hope its not as pricey as it may seem..)

Why Music?

From the Show, i really liked..

Synthesis Audio's Roma DSD DAC (Tube input Staged-Dual Circuited DSD)

21kj6yx.jpg

(Clean, Organic and Lustful Italian Sound..)

The All New Hegel HD12 DSD DAC

oh4fn8.jpg

(Airy and Rich Sound of the Norwegian Hegel)

and

The Young Mk2 DSD from M2Tech

1z6dwmu.jpg

(Crisp,Dynamic and Very Agile Sound)

I also managed to listen to other manufacturers like Antelope Audio,Light Harmonic,Benchmark whilst good - these were no where near excellent given the price to performance ratio, Metronome Technology Played their top end cd player which i think is very very good, but very very expensive!

Why Music?

The Nagra DSD were used in at least three systems (Nagra/Verity, Nagra/Jeff Rowland/Constellation/Raido, Nagra/Stenheim). It's hard to put it out of context, but all three systems sounded sublime, and everyone with insight seems to be very impressed by the Nagra DAC.

PERFECT SENSE

www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | [email protected] | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

• 2 weeks later...
The Nagra DSD were used in at least three systems (Nagra/Verity, Nagra/Jeff Rowland/Constellation/Raido, Nagra/Stenheim). It's hard to put it out of context, but all three systems sounded sublime, and everyone with insight seems to be very impressed by the Nagra DAC.

Andreas Koch of Playback Designs helped with the DSD section of the Nagra DSD DAC. So I'm not surprised to hear about the good sonics.