IGNORED

New Version of Amarra?

Anyone know if there are any plans of an Amarra major update coming up? Seems like many of the other players like Audirvana+, Pure Music, and Fidelia have had or will have major update but Amarra still seems to be very stuck in its archaic form, with the only major update being the IRC (which costs a ridiculous amount of cash).

I used to be a big fan of Amarra because of the sound but has since then gone to use Audirvana because of the convenience and the izotope upsampling implementation as well being able to use AU plugins, which allows for much cheaper alternative to Amarra's IRC solution.

With Audirvana 2.0 coming up and having native library management and mobile app, I don't see any reason to ever open up Amarra again. Amarra is the most expensive player of all, and probably the biggest company out of all the players. Why is it that outside of the sound quality, Amarra is still such a terrible software?

A recent email from them states a major update (version 3.0) will be released in June. Should prove interesting. I'm hoping they remain competitive.

I heard a similar thing from their technical support, but never received an e-mail. Could you share what they wrote?

I just wonder if it is still going to be a 32bit version.

There was no info in the email apart from the June release. Nothing on upgrades/improvements.

The email concentrated solely on selling a copy of Amarra for $99.00. If you buy it now at the offer price you get a free upgrade to ver 3 when it comes out.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

There was no info in the email apart from the June release. Nothing on upgrades/improvements.

The email concentrated solely on selling a copy of Amarra for $99.00. If you buy it now at the offer price you get a free upgrade to ver 3 when it comes out.

Thanks.

I indirectly assume that means if like me you bought it like me a year ago the upgrade to 3.0 will cost me money? I bought Amarra at v2.5, and so far only go the 2.6 upgrade for free. What is their general policy with regards to paying upgrades?

I expect there will be some form of financial contribution to SonicStudio. How much and under what conditions remains to be seen.

Pure Music have charged for their new ver 2 whereas in the past all upgrades have been free.

I think SonicStudio has always charged for major releases (ver1 to 2 etc while incrementals have been free) so I see no reason to expect anything different this time.

There may be some consideration to backdate but at the moment that is all speculation.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

I expect there will be some form of financial contribution to SonicStudio. How much and under what conditions remains to be seen.

Pure Music have charged for their new ver 2 whereas in the past all upgrades have been free.

I think SonicStudio has always charged for major releases (ver1 to 2 etc while incrementals have been free) so I see no reason to expect anything different this time.

There may be some consideration to backdate but at the moment that is all speculation.

Thanks.

Thanks.

+1 .. I'll be happy to pay for a significant upgrade as long as the price is reasonable, otherwise I'm out. While I love the sound quality of Amarra, after all this time it remains a bit of a mess. I remain hopeful nonetheless.