IGNORED

First impressions of Munich High End 2014

As we all are eagerly waiting for more news and pics of Munich High End you might be interested to check this link with over 400 high quality pictures about the first day of the fair.

HIFISTATEMENT | netmagazine - High End 2014: Eine fotografische Sammlung erster Eindrücke

Luckily, the fair is just around the corner for me and I can't wait to have a closer look at the new Auralic Aries et al tomorrow. An Aurender X100S, which I have on loan here, is playing while I'm typing this and my decision pro Aurender was almost taken but the new kid on the block seems to be a worthwhile competitor for a closer look. Can't wait :)

Enjoy !

Tom

Our gallery from the first day of Munich High End 2014:

StereoLife - High End 2014 - Day One

We decided to start from halls number 2 and 3 - 130 photos in total, but there will be part two, three or even four. Enjoy;-)

The photos are technically very good, lighting, exposure, some of them are below average...do you want brownie points for that? The point is...? The big fail with this page is the missing content descriptions, manufacturers, model series, anything really special to write about, such as new technology, release dates, lousy sound?

Is everything so overwhelming, you're lost for words?

At least monoandstereo are only writing about where the sound quality is of interest, pages of photos we can get from Google Images, providing links to the article as a plus.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

The industrial design from this show makes my tongue fall out. So Good

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

Not sure where the animosity above is coming from....?

StereoLife - I enjoyed the pictures you took the time took take, upload and share with us. Thanks!

The point is as an example the photo of cables. If they appeal to you and say, wow, I REALLY like these, where can I find out more, you can't, cause there's no description of the manufacturer, nor is their name on the cable itself. So what's the point of posting without the description, that's my gripe.

HighEnd2014DayOne-007.jpg

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

The point is as an example the photo of cables. If they appeal to you and say, wow, I REALLY like these, where can I find out more, you can't, cause there's no description of the manufacturer, nor is their name on the cable itself. So what's the point of posting without the description, that's my gripe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12502[/ATTACH]

First, thank you to those providing the cool pictures. I understand where One and a half is coming from, as I was going to comment, but held my thoughts. Looking at the pictures of some cool looking equipment, it would be nice to know what I'm actually looking at as I have never even heard of some of these manufactures or what the product is I'm looking at. Again thanks for sharing the pictures.

The Truth Is Out There

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12502[/ATTACH]

It's incredibly time consuming to take photos and notes of what pic goes with what, inputting text and perhaps links. You're right though, it would be great...and all the magazines and sites will eventually have a handful of photos where they have done this. I do like seeing a large group of photos like this where that kind of care doesn't have to taken in favor of raw quantity. Things that aren't perhaps noteworthy but it's easy enough to click a picture, I look at it as more of a virtual walk-through.

Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not." — Nelson Pass

It's incredibly time consuming to take photos and notes of what pic goes with what, inputting text and perhaps links.

That's one of the differences between an amature and a professional photographer...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

It's incredibly time consuming to take photos and notes of what pic goes with what, inputting text and perhaps links. You're right though, it would be great...and all the magazines and sites will eventually have a handful of photos where they have done this. I do like seeing a large group of photos like this where that kind of care doesn't have to taken in favor of raw quantity. Things that aren't perhaps noteworthy but it's easy enough to click a picture, I look at it as more of a virtual walk-through.

One possibility is to take a picture of the equipment sign(s) either prior or just after the equipment picture. No typing required.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

That's one of the differences between an amature and a professional photographer...

If by that you mean the amatures have more time on their hands at these events away from professional obligations...then I agree. :D

You often see the audio magazine providing corrections after they post their pics because they haven't quite got a system down that works. It really takes the fun out of just shooting :P

If by that you mean the amatures have more time on their hands at these events away from professional obligations...then I agree. :D

You often see the audio magazine providing corrections after they post their pics because they haven't quite got a system down that works. It really takes the fun out of just shooting :P

By which I mean that a professional should be concentrating on photographs which provide information therefore working out a system which works (mostly) rather than having fun!

They might not always get it right; but they should at least try. Corrections are usually required due to a breakdown in communications rather than the photographer not knowing what they have taken a photo of!

This is just another example of how some people think they can but the latest Canon / Nikon / Sony / Olympus and because they take passable photos they are a professional. I'm not sure weather the originally posted site is aim to be a professional report, or an enthusiasts feedback so comments should be taken / made in context.

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

Thanks for all your comments. We are trying to get the best possible quality, but also to post so much stuff as possible. We think there's no point in publishing a report from such a big event if you only go to a dozen of selected rooms. That's why we tried to go everywhere and we thing we were close to our goal, as you will see in other parts of our report. Posting 130 photos from each day of the event with comments about what it is, which company made what and how much this stuff costs is impossible. We could do it if we limited the number of photos dramatically. All the pictures are in HD quality so there's a possibility that you will see the company logo somewhere. You can also visit our Instagram where we include short descriptions of the pictures. Our final report which will be published in a few days will also include our impressions - what sounded best, which rooms were the most interesting and so on. Meanwhile you can see the gallery from day two:

StereoLife - High End 2014 - Day Two

Could you not at least caption the photos with what "room" the photos are from?

Personally while your photos may be interesting and it was undoubtedly fun for you to visit and take them... They are next to useless for a viewer.

Thanks for all your comments. We are trying to get the best possible quality, but also to post so much stuff as possible. We think there's no point in publishing a report from such a big event if you only go to a dozen of selected rooms. That's why we tried to go everywhere and we thing we were close to our goal, as you will see in other parts of our report. Posting 130 photos from each day of the event with comments about what it is, which company made what and how much this stuff costs is impossible. We could do it if we limited the number of photos dramatically. All the pictures are in HD quality so there's a possibility that you will see the company logo somewhere. You can also visit our Instagram where we include short descriptions of the pictures. Our final report which will be published in a few days will also include our impressions - what sounded best, which rooms were the most interesting and so on. Meanwhile you can see the gallery from day two:

Eloise

---

Thank you!

With appreciation,

Richard

Can you people not look at the photo's and enjoy them? Gosh. facepalm-smiley-emoticon.gif

Oh it's a speaker... There's another speaker... Oh a black box... A silver box... Another black box! To answer... No in this circumstance I have no enjoyment looking at nameless pictures!

I thought we weren't meant to care what HiFi looked like... That only the sound quality was of relevance :-)

Does the term quality over quantity mean nothing to you!

Eloise

---

I thought we weren't meant to care what HiFi looked like... That only the sound quality was of relevance :-)

Funny. If it looks good, it must be good.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law