IGNORED

New iTunes 11.2 - Seen any issues?

I must say I'm less inclined to jump right in when a new version of OS-X or iTunes comes out after suffering through the Mavericks/m2tech mess. Has anybody installed 11.2 & used it with A+ or Pure Music? I have installed Mavericks 10.9.3 and it caused me no problems. My current Mac for music is a late 2008 Mac Pro which has 4 HD's inside, so I'm able to keep a test bed there on one of the drives. It's a bit problematic, however, because all my music files are on one of the internal drives and I've had no success pointing iTunes to my library there. So I'm limited in testing to a few tunes I import. I don't know why Apple makes it so hard to simply point to an external library.

I must say I'm less inclined to jump right in when a new version of OS-X or iTunes comes out after suffering through the Mavericks/m2tech mess. Has anybody installed 11.2 & used it with A+ or Pure Music? I have installed Mavericks 10.9.3 and it caused me no problems. My current Mac for music is a late 2008 Mac Pro which has 4 HD's inside, so I'm able to keep a test bed there on one of the drives. It's a bit problematic, however, because all my music files are on one of the internal drives and I've had no success pointing iTunes to my library there. So I'm limited in testing to a few tunes I import. I don't know why Apple makes it so hard to simply point to an external library.

They don't. Hold down the OPT key while starting iTunes and choose the library you wish. If you have moved it around, you will probably need to reset the physical location of the music files under Preferences.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

They don't. Hold down the OPT key while starting iTunes and choose the library you wish. If you have moved it around, you will probably need to reset the physical location of the music files under Preferences.

-Paul

Thanks for that! Must have suffered brain freeze...

Once I was able to test 10.9.3 and iTunes 11.2 on a separate startup disk, I found that the new iTunes (when pointed to my music library on a separate HD) scanned my library for a long time. When it finished, all my FLAC playlists & most, if not all, FLAC files added thru Pure Music were gone. The files weren't deleted, of course, but it looks like I'd have to rebuild all the playlists and re-add the files to iTunes. Not a result I expected or was happy about.

I thought I had totally shot myself in the foot (again), because even though this was my test startup disk, I feared that iTunes 2.2 might have written something back to my music library HDD and the files/playlists would now show up in the old version of iTunes without the FLAC stuff. But (whew!) it was not the case. All my FLAC files and playlists remained intact.

If you are going to run either Pure Music or A+ in integrated mode, and you have FLAC or DSD files in your library, it might behoove you to be careful in moving to iTunes 2.2.