IGNORED

Playing music for your baby in the womb?

We used sennheiser HD650's. They fit over the pregnant belly nicely and the velour ear cups were comfortable. No idea what effect it had but not only is my now-two-year-old daughter pretty damn clever (what dad would think otherwise?) but she loves to get down to Daft Punk's Get Lucky so it didn't hurt her musical tastes. I have a photo of the belly-cans somewhere. It used to be my avatar for this site!

Standard Mac mini 2010/iTunes (ALAC)/Pure Music & Pro-Ject RPM9.1/Ortofon Rondo Blue/Project PhonoBox SE -> Bel Canto DAC2.5 -> Acurus A200 -> Aphion Argon2 Anniversary/Impact500 & Sennheiser HD650 -> Comfy couch.

I am trying to look for a good decive that i can play music to my unborn baby in the womb? Does anyone have any ideas on which brand i can buy, or heard about?

smile.gif

LOL......... What playlist do you have lined up to pipe thru the belly?

If your going to do it you better do it right and not play .mp3's or use any low rent equipment or the experiment may backfire.

I say stretch a pair of high end Stax headphones over the belly and power them with a full host of Woo Audio equipment as the source using only 24/96 material at minimum :)

I say stretch a pair of high end Stax headphones over the belly and power them with a full host of Woo Audio equipment as the source using only 24/96 material at minimum :)

I like this plan. I should have taken advantage of the situation to convince my wife that the electronics were worth the investment.

My eight year old is perfectly happy listening to the Frozen soundtrack in 256 AAC through my old iPod Nano and a pair of purple Nakamichi OTE headphones from Sears.

Seriously though, my specialty is developmental pediatrics and I have heard tapes of sound recorded from inside the womb. It's pretty muffled. I would say whatever is most comfortable to mom is probably more important than audio fidelity.

The Nuvo Ritmo Advance Audio Belt seems to get good marks for a dedicated specialty product.

My wife was bed bound during much of her third trimester, so we ramped up the quality of our second system (aw shucks) and moved it to our bedroom. We were both in a Schubert and Mahler lieder phase, and music was playing much of the day. It's hard to say if this had any influence on our son (now 20). As a toddler he really didn't like loud music playing, but luckily that changed, and his period of listening to pre-adolescent crap (excuse me all you Avril Levine fans out there ;~)) was blissfully short. Home for the summer, he's asked that we focus on brass music this summer, which has me pulling out everything from Chicago brass quintet to trombone shorty. He likes good sound, and as a young scientist (particle physics) is very curious about the disparity between perception and a strict engineering based doctrine.

• 3 weeks later...
I am trying to look for a good decive that i can play music to my unborn baby in the womb? Does anyone have any ideas on which brand i can buy, or heard about?

smile.gif

My son heard lots of Bach, especially the cello suites would calm him,when kicking about, but also Miles Davis' ''kind of blue'' had a calming effect. (He was very active).

We used a pair of phillips Head phones with big Ear cups .The type is now replaced by the ''Fidelio'' line. But any brand were you can turn the cups will do.

smile.gif

Has there been done any scientific study's on the benefit of doing so? I think it is a wonderful idea, but where did you get it from?

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

I dunno, I'd think you'd just annoy your unborn child.

I remember from back when I was in the womb that all I wanted was some peace and quiet, and the only beat was mom's heart.

I do not agree.

Play the unborn baby some Bach, Mozart, Brahms, Beatles.

It works for plants,they grow faster, and my son has perfect pitch, I don't, his mother don't, so it must have been good for something.

And he seems to be able to play a bit on any type of instrument by just looking at it.

I will tell you one thing: once they are born DO NOT ONLY PLAY KIDDIE OR CLASSICAL MUSIC! From then on that's all you'll be listening to at home and every time you get in the car! Play some Metal, King Crimson, Captain Beefheart, Zappa, Miles.............you can thank me later.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain