IGNORED

Acoustic Sounds Downloads on Sale - 10% Off

There are more music download file discounts out there.

Blue Coast Music and Downloads Now already offer 20% discounts on some of their High Resolution Downloads from time to time. You need to buy and download an album in High Resolution Audio and get on their mailing list. Then they start sending you such offers.

Thanks for the heads up. Made my 1st purchase.

But what a cumbersome process. Wanted to pay by paypal. Order stays in submitted status until the next day when I receive an email to manually send a payment by paypal. Then await the email indicating the download is available.

But what a cumbersome process. Wanted to pay by paypal. Order stays in submitted status until the next day when I receive an email to manually send a payment by paypal. Then await the email indicating the download is available.

''

Hm . . . doesn't work that way for me - I buy DSD downloads from Acoustic Sounds all the time, and I've always been able to pay with PayPal at checkout, then start downloading my purchase immediately.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

''

Hm . . . doesn't work that way for me - I buy DSD downloads from Acoustic Sounds all the time, and I've always been able to pay with PayPal at checkout, then start downloading my purchase immediately.

That is strange then. Maybe it's because I don't have a US mailing address.

''

Getting the Acoustic Sounds downloads with PayPal works the best here as well. Sometimes there is a delay getting payment approval and the download links if you use a credit card over a weekend without PayPal.

Doesn't work that way for me either. I use PayPal and give them a US address. Download is immediate.

I think if you use a straight CC, they wait to confirm the card, and they don't do that on weekends, only during business hours.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

How is the sound quality of Jeff Beck's "Blow by Blow" on DSD?

Fantastic. Caveat - there are CD versions that are also very good. But the DSD adds just that bit of "analog-likeness" that really adds a lot. It's a bit easier to hear the detail also.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)