IGNORED

Playing 24/192 and DSD on iPad

I have an elaborate McIntosh car system (2) MC4000M 6 channel 1000 watt amps and (2) McIntosh MCC80 amps Mcinotsh Parametric EQ.. McIntosh 5 way electronic crossover - dash mounted meters.. the whole deal in a w/124 chassis 1994 E500 Mercedes which has great acoustics. I just put on quiet tires too. The Ipad runs the system and serves as NAV for the car- the touch screen with the McIntosh AP1 interface is much better than iTunes for the car.

So I was trying to do exactly what you have done using a Meridian Exploroer as a DAC but I failed to get the Onkyo HF player to work with my Phone. Nor could I get the Meridian Explorer to work with my Ipad and Apple camera connection kit.

Any chance you could do a quick youtube video showing your steps from start to finish? It would be greatly appreciated by more than just myself as a lot of others have failed too.

Being able to use the McIntosh AP1 is key for my car install. I intend to use a Hegel HD 2 as a USB/SPdif converter and a Hegel HD 25 in my car and as a transportable DAC so I can bring that to work and travel where ever I go.

I have heard the Chord Hugo, and Ressossence Herus, and the SQ is not a good as I my car is capable of reproducing (it is a remarkably good sounding car- particularly after parametric EQ with depth that seems limitless and soundstage width well beyond the confines of the physical car). The explorer DAC is not so much for the car- but more as a portable DAC for iPhone .... while having decent tone, the Explorer does not do depth and the physical venue as well as some other DACs but has the advantage over many small portables of having less grain and fewer frequency anomalies which cause listener fatigue.

If you don't feel like doing a Youtube video- could you PM me so I could give you my phone number. I am in Laguna Beach CA Pacific Daylight time.

Are you using a powered hub between the ipad and the dac?