IGNORED

Recommended External CD Drive For Ripping?

Perfect in what respect ? The binary contents are identical, or they all sound the same ? Even ripping using different OS's results in a slightly different sound, which is something you refuse to acknowledge,and will doubtless continue to do so until your last breath.(smile)
If the two rips had an identical checksum, and somehow manage to produce different results, we would have a lot bigger problems than two music files sounding different.

How do you think computers would work, if identical data produced different results?

If the two rips had an identical checksum, and somehow manage to produce different results, we would have a lot bigger problems than two music files sounding different.

How do you think computers would work, if identical data produced different results?

Surely you must know by now that different rules apply to regular data and audio data? :)

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Surely you must know by now that different rules apply to regular data and audio data? :)

Obviously, or all USB DACs could use cheap USB 2.0 Printer cables and there would be no need for expensive after market USB cables. The 1s and 0s are still identical with all fully functional USB 2.0 cables.

Just buy the cheapest USB powered CD ROM that you can find and use a USB printer cable with it.. They all sound the same according to Tom, Skeptic, and their mates as an expensive Plextor with a Linear PSU .

Anyway. I am out of this childish war of words.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

[deleted]

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 2 months later...