IGNORED

Linear PSU choice

Hey folks,

I'm planning to buy this LPS :

Linear Triple DC Power Supply RXN-305D-II (2x 0-30V 0-5A, 1x5V)

It has 3 output channels:

-one constant 5V 3A

-two 0-30V 5A (will be using 2 x 12V)

Im planning to feed my future control pc and audio pc (picopsu 150W and 160W) and a ssd with 5V.

As I really don't know anything about these connection types, I will need an expert opinion if everything will work and I will not blow anything.

Thank you very much!

HdPlex H1.S Audio Pc | WS 2012 R2 w/ AO 1.30x | PPA USB Card | ​Custom Linear PSU | T+A Dac 8 | Atlas XLR | Vincent SV-238 MK | Townshend Isolda | KEF LS-50

In principle it should do what you want. Residual ripple and load regulation are not world class, but better than the usual bypack PSU. It looks awfully small, though. I suspect that it is cooled by induced air flow: "temperature controlled cooling". Try to get a view from behind, this will show you if it has a fan or not. .

Primary ::= Nabla music server | Mutec MC-3+USB w/ Temex LPFRS-01 RB clock | WLM Gamma Reference DAC; Secondary ::= Nabla music server | WaveIO | PrismSound Lyra

Thank you iago.

What should be the ideal ripple and load regulation values?

HdPlex H1.S Audio Pc | WS 2012 R2 w/ AO 1.30x | PPA USB Card | ​Custom Linear PSU | T+A Dac 8 | Atlas XLR | Vincent SV-238 MK | Townshend Isolda | KEF LS-50

What should be the ideal ripple and load regulation values?

My concern was mainly with (acoustic) noise this unit might generate by itself.

You will achive a discernible difference to a standard PSU with this power supply also, at least in combination with both of your computers. The technical data is nearly the same as that of my own model, which achieved a noticable improvement in sound stage when I replaced the computer's standard PSU with it. Voltage source precision is not enough for clock circuits, including USB interfaces.

For the SSD, precision of the supply voltage is of secondary concern; here the prevention of feedback of noise generated by the current spikes of the drive into adjacent circuits seems to be the issue.

Professional power supllies have residual ripple which is one order of magnitude lower. The reverse factor applies to the price, unfortunately.

Primary ::= Nabla music server | Mutec MC-3+USB w/ Temex LPFRS-01 RB clock | WLM Gamma Reference DAC; Secondary ::= Nabla music server | WaveIO | PrismSound Lyra