IGNORED

PS Audio "Sprout" - audiophile HW for millenials?

I think PS Audio burned it's bridges with hifi dealers years ago and now that network that can make or break a product such as this is not embracing it as perhaps it might have 20 years ago. It's a different world and hopefully the one that PS Audio has latched itself to (the online market) will turn out to be enough to allow this product to be at least the modest success it seems to deserve.

David

Actually, it is my impression that there are quite a few without remotes: LFD, Shindo, Leben come to mind but I think one could compile a fairly impressive list.

Yes, I'd forgotten about LFD and Leben. There are perhaps a few obscure tube integrated's as well, but not too many others without remote.

BTW, wasn't really disputing firedog's statement, was mostly just interested in which others came to mind. Still seems to be only a very small handful without remote control.

Some of the Sprout criticism in this thread was a bit over the top, especially the price point discussion, but some was justified. The lack of remote, for example.

If PS Audio were to develop a compact 50W@8ohm/DAC/head amp/one analog in and put it in something like a NuWave Phono Converter case, priced under 1,000, then they'd have something.

If PS Audio were to develop a compact 50W@8ohm/DAC/head amp/one analog in and put it in something like a NuWave Phono Converter case, priced under 1,000, then they'd have something.

They went for a different "classy" looks and I say that got that part right. The design is lovely. But that is, of course, a matter of taste.

There is a good mix of vintage and modern in the same package. One can play vinyl and one could strem from an iPAD. It's a party animal, I guess...

BTW, The reports here below about bluetooth sq are very nice

Sprout by PS Audio