IGNORED

For my Sins...an Apple iPod Question

Let me begin with a caveat...I really do not like Apple for portable anything. I got rid of my iPod as soon as I bought a smartphone that would play music. All my knowledge of their gear is years old...That said...

My wife has two iPods, and ancient Nano and a modern Touch. In the olden days one updated ones music by first updating iTunes on a computer and then plugging the iPod in and it would sync. For the first time in a long time, my spouse wanted to add music to her iPods. We added music to her iTunes library without issue BUT, the iPods, both of them, refuse to sync so as to add that new music. We are using hard wire connection to the computer.

Let me be clear...The music is in iTunes. It will play from iTunes on the computer. There is music and room for more on both iPods. Both iTunes and the iPods indicate they are synching BUT, the new tracks do not appear on the iPod. The music is checked in iTunes....

Apple, of course, wants money to speak to me about the issue.

Does anyone more enamored with Apple have any suggestions as to how to get the files moved? The files in question are MP3's and a few CD quality WAV files.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

Is it possible you're trying to add music from two different music libraries?

If the current iTunes library is not the same as what was originally sync'd, then you may need to reformat the iPods first and then sync.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Is it possible you're trying to add music from two different music libraries?

If the current iTunes library is not the same as what was originally sync'd, then you may need to reformat the iPods first and then sync.

Did it...seemed to work BUT...sigh....I also wanted to add music to a phone...seemingly impossible using iTunes..

Have I noted that I hate iTunes....I should have

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

Did it...seemed to work BUT...sigh....I also wanted to add music to a phone...seemingly impossible using iTunes..

Have I noted that I hate iTunes....I should have

If it's an iPhone then it should work just like the iPods. But if not an Apple phone then you'll likely have its own software for installing content. (?)

Or the phone may mount as a HDD in which case you may be able to drag music files and drop onto the phone directly. I like the simplicity of this... but realize it doesn't allow fo creating and synchronizing playlists.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.