IGNORED

What I want on hi-res well mastered DSD...

I *really* want to get ell mastered hi-res DSD releases of some of my favorite albums. I am living with Redbook or NeedleDrops right now, and that's good, but oh boy... do I want *these*.

Post what you want to see a great new version of in DSD - or in High Res if you are a PCM lover. :)

-Paul

Jeff Waynes - Musical Version of the War of the Worlds

CBS-PR-spread-1978-1.jpg

Ulysses - The Greek Suite

2957989076.jpg

John Lodge / Justin Wayward - Blue Jays.

cover_312081272013_r.JPG

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Just one DSD for now, Tapestry MFSL from the SACD

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12285[/ATTACH]

Mobile Fidelity is asking for suggestions on future releases on their Facebook page right now. MFSL DSD Downloads - that would be nice!

I want really obscure favorites of mine resurrected:

Spirit - Spirit of 76

spiritof76.jpg

Kate & Anna McGarrigle - French Record

french-record-cover.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I want really obscure favorites of mine resurrected:

Spirit - Spirit of 76

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12287[/ATTACH]

From Spring of 1975- one of my all time favorites. (I graduated high school in 1976... :)) The Harpsichord and Synthesizer on this are very cool to this day. I think it might even have been one of the original Moogs!

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

I *really* want to get ell mastered hi-res DSD releases of some of my favorite albums. I am living with Redbook or NeedleDrops right now, and that's good, but oh boy... do I want *these*.

Post what you want to see a great new version of in DSD - or in High Res if you are a PCM lover. :)

-Paul

Jeff Waynes - Musical Version of the War of the Worlds

The War of The Worlds was released on a double SACD (2.0 & 5.1 DSD) back in 2005... ;)

You can rip the SACDs using customized PS3, capable of SACD playback...

I have been looking for one of those PS3's for a while. I figure I will find one when I no longer have need of one... Seriously though, I would PAY for those albums yet again if I could get them (legally) in DSD.

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

Alison Krauss + Union Station Live

Supposedly, one of the best live recordings ever made - originated on SACD, but has never been released as a DSD download. I have a PCM "rip" from DVD at 48/24 which sounds wonderful, but they say the SACD is even better.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

(grin) But I don't have a SACD player! (I do just happen to have those SACDs though! I really want the DSD files to play!!!!

I'd suggest contacting Acoustic Sounds. They have rights to sell the DSD Downloads from the Sony Music SACD titles. It might influence them to turn War of the Worlds into a DSD Download.

Alison Krauss + Union Station Live

Supposedly, one of the best live recordings ever made - originated on SACD, but has never been released as a DSD download. I have a PCM "rip" from DVD at 48/24 which sounds wonderful, but they say the SACD is even better.

That is a good one on SACD - a 2 SACD Live set. Also worth reissuing as DSD Downloads would be the Laura Nyro SACD and the Stereo SACDs released by Rounder Records.

• 2 weeks later...
What I really want is;

DSD download version of SACD

Carpenters Singles 1969-1973

A&M Records Discussions :: The Singles 1969-1973 SACD and SHM (New Releases) | Page 5 | A&M Corner Forum :: Celebrating A&M Records' 50th Anniversary

The new SACD of remastering on 2013-2014 at Burnie Grundman Studio is wonderful!

It is currently on release only in Japan.

Is this not it? Or is it a different mastering?

The Carpenters-Singles 1969-1981-Any | Acoustic Sounds

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Is this not it? Or is it a different mastering?

The Carpenters-Singles 1969-1981-Any | Acoustic Sounds

Never mind - I see there is a new 2013-2014 remaster you're referencing - hard to keep up! I like the existing DSD download, but will be interested to see if the new SACDs (the 1974-1978 disc is due out in June, and I assume there will eventually be a 1979-1981 collection, as well) are eventually made available as DSD downloads, too.

My top two choices would be:

Van Morrison "St Dominic's Preview" (DSD with a great master)

Rickie Lee Jones "Rickie Lee Jones" (DSD with a great master)

Sure, I'm dreaming here, but you asked…

Best,

John

Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.

Synology DS213+ NAS -> Auralic Vega w/Linear Power Supply -> Auralic Vega DAC (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> XLR -> Auralic Taurus Pre -> XLR -> Pass Labs XA-30.5 power amplifier (on 4" maple and 4 Stillpoints) -> Hawthorne Audio Reference K2 Speakers in MTM configuration (Symposium Jr HD rollerball isolation) and Hawthorne Audio Bass Augmentation Baffles (Symposium Jr rollerball isolation) -> Bi-amped w/ two Rythmic OB plate amps) -> Extensive Room Treatments (x2 SRL Acoustics Prime 37 diffusion plus key absorption and extensive bass trapping) and Pi Audio Uberbuss' for the front end and amplification

My top two choices would be:

Van Morrison "St Dominic's Preview" (DSD with a great master)

Rickie Lee Jones "Rickie Lee Jones" (DSD with a great master)

Sure, I'm dreaming here, but you asked…

Best,

John

Oh Man - Rickie Lee Jones might sound outstanding in hi-res DSD... definitely on the list! Same with Van. :)

Robert A. Heinlein

Well, there are 2 albums by Rickie Lee Jones (Traffic from Paradise and It's Like This) that Acoustic Sounds/Super HiRez is selling in hi-res DSD now....

Rickie Lee Jones-Traffic From Paradise-DSD | Acoustic Sounds

Rickie Lee Jones-Its Like This-DSD | Acoustic Sounds

I have _Traffic from Paradise_ on LP I and have already done a needle drop for. My copy of Rickie Lee Jones on LP is unlistenable though. :(

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

• 1 year later...