IGNORED

Peace and quiet

On 5/6/2014 at 11:45 AM, wgscott said:

I live in a semi-rural part of Coastal CA. I moved here to get away from the "big city" problems of Santa Cruz. The biggest issue in this neighborhood is whether to allow a senior Apple exec to build a huge eye-sore mansion in a redwood grove overlooking the ocean.

You just need to get more rural and maybe move east.  Folks around don't cut their grass, only shoot when they're getting hungry, and generally still live by the ax. 

If your lucky, you might even be privy to a nearby small acoustic set.

On 5/6/2014 at 8:35 AM, wgscott said:

It is 8:30 am here, and too cold at the moment to bike into work (which I am also trying to avoid), so I put on some simple classical music to enjoy for a few minutes.

Immediately, the background is punctuated by (a) several gunshots, and (b) a chainsaw, and © now one of those things that grinds up trees.

Hell is other people.

Isn't this obvious?

The gunshots are from the guy shooting at the guy who was running the chainsaw because the shooter wanted you to have peace and quiet.  As for the tree grinder... have you ever seen Fargo?

Any rxn from the dog on fireworks last night?  It's usually a happy New years when they stop...