IGNORED

Michael Jackson - Bad (HDTracks vs AcousticSounds)

HDTracks: FLAC / 48Khz / 24bit

Bad | HDtracks - The World's Greatest-Sounding Music Downloads

AcousticSounds: FLAC / 96Khz / 24bit

Michael Jackson-Bad-FLAC 96kHz24bit Download | Acoustic Sounds

HOWEVER, AcousticSounds version states it is the 2012 Remaster.

Not sure which version to go for. Im a college student and spending twice on the same album is definitely not a good idea. Does anyone have any input on this? I would really appreciate it!

I have the HD Tracks version and it sounds alright but nothing to write home about.

I would try the Acoustic Sounds 24/96 version if it were me. Who ever is doing their transfers is on the ball.

Off topic but, their DSD version of Thriller is out of this world. Blows away my 24/17x version from HD Tracks by a country mile. Out of the 10,000 ripped albums I own, It's the best sounding one to date.

I have the HD Tracks version and it sounds alright but nothing to write home about.

I would try the Acoustic Sounds 24/96 version if it were me. Who ever is doing their transfers is on the ball.

Off topic but, their DSD version of Thriller is out of this world. Blows away my 24/17x version from HD Tracks by a country mile. Out of the 10,000 ripped albums I own, It's the best sounding one to date.

Ok then, I guess I'll go ahead and buy the 24/96 from AS. I guess it will always be easier to find other users who have purchased the HDTracks version. I can then compare.

And yes, I also have the DSD version of Thriller. My soundcard only goes up to 96Khz though so thats the best I can go up to. Hoping to graduate soon and start building my dream DSD sound system :)

• 5 months later...

it beats every other available version, the 24/48 included and by a wide margin. Every computer audiophile who digs MJ should get it to support the effort, remastering effort ; it's not a 48 vs 96 difference. OK my ears are a little sorry at the moment and it generates a bit of listening fatigue but I just played it very loud, so that MJ's presence on Man in the mirror was spooky, Dirty Diana's intro scary per its bass* pressure and that Smooth criminal recalled me that my room is not vibrations proof... i never enjoyed Bad that much nor been so sorry of MJ's untimely passing

* the low register is very clean and articulate ; I played loud for the drums/synth bass parts are very addictive