IGNORED

ARX USB DAC

• 1 month later...

I was going to write up a little something this weekend. My girlfriend drove out to visit - and my priorities changed. :)

You could help me by telling me what you want to know about the output gain, and the "sound of its output transformers." I'm ignorant enough to not know what to listen for to give an impression on these items.

Is there any good example for a model review? Like a checklist of what to listen and comment on?

Thanks,

--

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

what I mean is that this dac, if I've well understood, has a passive output stage: two transformers and therefore no opamps, then low

gain. In the manual they wrote: Output Level Maximum nominal output level 0dB and this is not clear to me. They have to speak about output voltage: 2Vrms or double in this balanced output stage. This approach has positive aspects on the sound; natural mids,

no dry highs but the bass loses impact and energy.

I don't know if your hi-fi system has big woofers or not, but what

you have to pay attention above all is the bass impact.

Ciao

Alberto

Thanks Albert!

I gave my system a good listen on Sunday night. The only real difference from before is this DAC vs. the Yamaha GO-46 I used previously, and figuring out how to stream to the ARX through WASAPI. I was using the Yamaha driver's ASIO stream for the GO46.

Any other tips or insight on what to listen for from others before I write up my impressions?

--

Daniel

• 1 year later...

Roland's Full-sized Flagship Sampling Synth Workstation! The Roland Fantom-G8 88-key sampling synthesizer workstation represents Roland's most powerful live workstation ever. The Fantom-G8 features a full-sized weighted PHA II keyboard for incredibly natural feel and easy expression. a comprehensive set of buttons and sliders, combined with a large graphic user interface, gives you command over its incredibly powerful sound engine. The onboard audio/MIDI sequencer allows up to 128 tracks (including 24 audio), and you get an astounding set of audio effects. And an ARX SuperNATURAL expansion bay lets you take the G8 to an even higher level of performance.

california aviation services

Roland's Full-sized Flagship Sampling Synth Workstation! The Roland Fantom-G8 88-key sampling synthesizer workstation represents Roland's most powerful live workstation ever. The Fantom-G8 features a full-sized weighted PHA II keyboard for incredibly natural feel and easy expression. a comprehensive set of buttons and sliders, combined with a large graphic user interface, gives you command over its incredibly powerful sound engine. The onboard audio/MIDI sequencer allows up to 128 tracks (including 24 audio), and you get an astounding set of audio effects. And an ARX SuperNATURAL expansion bay lets you take the G8 to an even higher level of performance!

debt settlement

TThis gene is a homeobox-containing gene expressed during development. The expressed protein contains two conserved domains, a C-peptide (or aristaless domain) and the prd-like class homeobox domain. It is a member of the group-II aristaless-related protein family whose members are expressed primarily in the central and/or peripheral nervous system. This gene is involved in CNS and pancreas development. Mutations in this gene cause X-linked mental retardation and epilepsy, as well as hypoglycemia (in mice).

debt consolidation companies