IGNORED

HQ Player

2 hours ago, GMG said:

At what range of volume does the "Loudness" have an effect? is that set by Lower/Upper bounds?

Yes, upper and lower bounds adjust that.

2 hours ago, GMG said:

Meaning - loudness boost is at maximum (bass/treble frequency settings) when volume is set to "lower bound" and gradually reduced up to "upper bound" and if volume goes higher then "upper bound" there is no more loudness compensation?

Yes...

2 hours ago, GMG said:

Can you also explain what is peak and peakq?

Someone here asked for possibility to use peak type EQ instead of low and high shelfs. PeakQ is Q value of the peak type EQ.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 9/15/2021 at 4:59 PM, Miska said:

Someone here asked for possibility to use peak type EQ instead of low and high shelfs. PeakQ is Q value of the peak type EQ

Thanks,

After playing with loudness for a bit I really like it. 

I still didn’t understand the difference between selecting “peak” or “peakq” from the filter type drop down. The Q/steepness parameter is in a different field so I guess that is confusing to me. 

what would the curves look like for the 2 attached settings? (Only difference is the peak vs peakq filter type)

1F9248B9-50E7-4B68-B1FA-85846A5AD33C.png

FED56444-960B-4CDA-90D0-849A11C14D00.png

21 minutes ago, Miska said:

You can view the curves by creating matching IIR EQ for a pipeline and using the "Plot" function to view the response.

I don’t see how I can as the IIR eq only has “peak”, it doesn’t have “peakq”. 
maybe I’m missing something here… 

by the way - I accidentally set the Q for the treble to 0.0 and got a nasty loud pop from my speakers… maybe you should protect against it. 

On 9/15/2021 at 3:59 PM, Miska said:

Someone here asked for possibility to use peak type EQ instead of low and high shelfs.

wow, cool!

looking very forward to try these out in the next „desktop“ version! many thanks!! 👍

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

24 minutes ago, copy_of_a said:

looking very forward to try these out in the next „desktop“ version! many thanks!! 👍

At the moment only available on Embedded, or Desktop if you manually edit the configuration file. But the Desktop GUI becomes a bit too messy if I'd add such things there too.

Hi there!

I am quite new to the topic so please excuse if I ask silly question as the whole concept of hqpayer embedded is not fully clear to me.

I want to use my streaming service on my Windows PC (e.g. Tidal) and use HQPlayer for upsampling. I have a RME ADI DAC-2 which is connected to my PC.

How can I achieve this?

My idea was to install hqplayer embedded in vmware, connect the DAC to the vmware and then point Audirvana to the VMWare. So everything I would play in Audirvana would be send to hqplayer with upsampling and then to the DAC.

I have managed to install HQPlayer in VMWare, I can also attach the RME ADI DAC to it and access the configuration page then from my host OS:

grafik.thumb.png.ce6bbde1da4debde3f55163a3d8708e7.png

I can also select the hqplayer from Audirvana:

grafik.png.4a4426daa16fea140f7de1cc47dc0965.png

But when I press play nothing happens, Audirvana loads the song but doesn't play:

grafik.png.b2c18cc0511c6c80301d1dc145945b9f.png

And sometimes I get this:

grafik.png.f50b3ca5658708477d0f4edd50886318.png

Can you guys maybe help me out? Is this the right approach? Are there maybe alternatives?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Dynamo5561 said:

But I have plenty of ressources. The image runs with 16GB RAM and 8 cores. And before I put it on a dedicated hardware I would like to evaluate it.

It is not about resources, but about lack of direct access to the hardware and plenty of latency issues due to virtualization.

On 23/8/2021 at 23:54, GMG said:

Ciao @Miska

Sulla mia nuova installazione di HQPlayer e Roon sulla stessa macchina che esegue il sistema operativo del server Ubuntu sto riscontrando un arresto della traccia e un messaggio da parte di Roon che ha perso il controllo di HQPlayer.  
Sto ancora eseguendo una versione di prova di HQPlayer integrato. 
l'arresto della pista e la perdita di controllo di Roon si verificano circa 5-7 minuti dopo l'inizio di una nuova sessione di prova di 20 minuti. Quando riprendo a giocare da Roon, tutto continua senza intoppi fino al termine dei miei 20 minuti. 
dal registro di HQPlayer non sono riuscito a vedere nulla al momento specifico del problema a parte "fermato"

Sul registro Roon (molto difficile da leggere per me...) ho trovato una voce allo stesso tempo: "[push] riavvio connessione (impossibile leggere i dati dalla connessione di trasporto: interrotta.)

Potete per favore consigliare su questo?

Grazie. 

You can resolve this issue by buying and activate the license 😉

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

@Miska

What particular kernel do you use in your hqplayer OS image?  I am having trouble getting pcm 1536 to work on HQPe on Gentooplayer with my Holo spring 3 KTE Dac, with both alsa and naa output.  With your HQP OS image it works correctly.  What could be the problem? 

Doepke DFS2/ Gigawatt C16A + 044/ Lc-y Evo/ LC3-EVO /LC2-Evo/ LC-3 MK3/ Toroidy DC Blocker/ Hdplex H5 / Windows 10 Pro1903 AO3 + Fidelizer Pro 8.10/ JPLAY Femto/ Crosshair VIII Dark Hero/ Ryzen 9 5950X/ Optane P1600X/ Apacer 2x4GB DDR4 ECC 2666/ Jcat Usb XE/ Jcat Net XE /Audiowise Opto USB/ Sablon USB Evo/ 2x Paul Hynes SR4T for Jcat / 2x Baaske NET Isolator MI 1005/ Ethernet cable Viablue EP-7S/ Sablon Ethernet 2020 /Fidelizer StreamHub/ All Dc cables Neotech Occ JSSG360 /Hdplex 500W DC ATX/ Holo Spring 3 KTE/ Audio Research LS5 (4x E188CC Red Label/ 4x RCA 12BH7A Black Plates/ 2X Brimar 12BH7 Black Plates)/ Proceed HPA2 (Mark Levinson 432)/ Scansonic MB 3.5B + Iso Acoustics Gaia III / Townshend Isolda EDCT/ 2x Townshend DCT 300 XLR/ Synergistic Research Purple Fuses In Hdplex, 2x SR4T, Preamp, Dac/ 4X Townshend Seismic Pods

2 hours ago, GMG said:

@Miska

is there any way to set “startup volume” to behave as “last set volume” instead of a fixed number?

I tried leaving the input empty but it is not accepted (Roon cant gain control of HQPlayer if there is no value in this field)

No, that is the default volume setting where the system is powered up.

@Miska

I'm getting a HUGE pop from my speakers when crossing the loudness compensation higher bound.

Amp goes into protection mute and will resume only if I go beyond or below the "higher bound" setting.

Doesn't happen with lower bound.

This is concerning...

Why is this happening?

Here are my settings:

Bass frequency=80

Bass steepness / Q =0.4

Bass level = 10  

Bass type= lshelf 

Treble frequency =5000 

Treble steepness / Q =0.3

Treble level =5  

Treble type hshelf

Range lower bound = -40  

Range higher bound = -20

On 9/19/2021 at 4:29 PM, GMG said:

@Miska

I'm getting a HUGE pop from my speakers when crossing the loudness compensation higher bound.

Amp goes into protection mute and will resume only if I go beyond or below the "higher bound" setting.

Doesn't happen with lower bound.

I made some fixes recently, but not sure if it yet included in the current latest version. If you are already on the latest version, wait for the next release...

On 9/20/2021 at 8:49 AM, MasterWarzombie said:

In the case of DSD 128 downsampling when the "original" musical title is 44.1kHz 16bit via Qobuz, this works perfectly.
On the other hand if the song is 192, 96 and 24 bits etc, it often cuts.
Is there a particular setting on HQ Player?

Depends on your filter settings and amount of CPU power you have. You may want to select some lighter filter for "Nx" rates.

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Depends on your filter settings and amount of CPU power you have. You may want to select some lighter filter for "Nx" rates.

That's what I'm doing by switching from gauss-xla to gauss-long for the NX.
However, I can't remember why it is not possible to have the same option for SDM modulators.
This would allow to keep a filter (ex. gauss-xla) and to switch from ASDM7EC to ASDM5EC or without EC for "Nx" rates ?

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

15 minutes ago, Zauurx said:

That's what I'm doing by switching from gauss-xla to gauss-long for the NX.
However, I can't remember why it is not possible to have the same option for SDM modulators.
This would allow to keep a filter (ex. gauss-xla) and to switch from ASDM7EC to ASDM5EC or without EC for "Nx" rates ?

No it won't, SDM modulator load is only function of output rate, it doesn't matter what kind of source rate you have. Filters and modulators are running on different CPU cores.

One way to work around filter CPU load limitations is to offload those to a powerful GPU.