IGNORED

HQ Player

3 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I guess an alternative method is to boot from the HQPlayer OS on a USB stick... or install it to the internal drive.

That will not work for me as I want to run Roon and HQPlayer on the same machine. 

2 minutes ago, GMG said:

That will not work for me as I want to run Roon and HQPlayer on the same machine. 

I did too, I spent a ton of money building a powerful machine to do just that. It did not work well., Roon refuses to play nice. Your next best option is to install a minimal installation of Ubuntu desktop and put Roon and HQP Desktop on it. As a bonus, it will make the learning curve for using the Terminal that much easier because you'll have a desktop to fall back on.

No electron left behind.

6 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I did too, I spenf a ton of money building a powerful machine to do just that. It did not work well., Roon refuses to play nice. Your next best option is to install a minimal installation of Ubuntu desktop and put Roon and HQP Desktop on it.

Well @Miska recommended that I try running Roon and HQPlayer with Ubuntu server. 
I think we should now wait and see if Miska has any solution here. 

Thank you very very much for trying to help

p.s - I was running a 30 day trial of euphony os which is a Linux build that enables running Roon + HQPlayer on the same machine. It worked flawlessly for the entire 30days. But I want to see if Ubuntu server can save me some $$ 🙂

@AudioDoctor

Well, that’s always an option, though I don’t like it (signal path, elegancy…)

if you don’t mind sharing, what did you not like about Euphony?

from my trial it worked flawlessly

(and I’m using an old 2nd generation i5 cpu…)

maybe it has come a long way since you tried it?

Just now, GMG said:

Well, that’s always an option, though I don’t like it (signal path, elegancy…)

if you don’t mind sharing, what did you not like about Euphony?

from my trial it worked flawlessly

(and I’m using an old 2nd generation i5 cpu…)

maybe it has come a long way since you tried it?

Actually, there is nothing I didnt like about Euphony. I have a license and I am probably going to be using it here again shortly.

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You’ll get this to work by installing the rocm stuff and the dependencies in that list what what needs to be installed. 

That’s for another day and after Miska gets a chance to perhaps give some more insight. 

Just now, GMG said:

Oh. Great. I thought you meant you already had enough of it

No, its Roon I have had enough of...  Also, I am not sure if Euphony has CUDA capability for HQPlayers use, so offloading that to a dedicated HQP machine enables that as well.

No electron left behind.

2 minutes ago, GMG said:

That’s for another day and after Miska gets a chance to perhaps give some more insight. 

No insight needed. Read the instructions again. You need to install the rocm stuff by following the link. Jussi links to it as well. Also go down the list and apt install rygel and all the others. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

No, its Roon I have had enough of...

I see. 
well I myself am ok with Roon, and have not seen any real alternative that can combine my local library and my streaming library into one seamless library. But guess this is another subject

29 minutes ago, GMG said:

I see. 
well I myself am ok with Roon, and have not seen any real alternative that can combine my local library and my streaming library into one seamless library. But guess this is another subject

Guys, you're ruining your life with unneeded difficulties... 

Why not simply use windows 10 + roon + hqpdesktop? Easy, fast, 2 minutes full installation, roon + hqplayer working in a perfect way together. What do you think you could loose? 

I had both win10 + roon + hqpdesktop and linux + roon + hqpembedded on my 10850K pc. Same sound quality (if you use a naa), exactly same performance, but MUCH easier and faster user experience on windows... Guess which one i kept?